Chapter Seven: Smell The Roses

(Image credit via Technophonix on Tumblr)

"So, how d'you feel?"

"Different. Though, there's nothing I can pinpoint as too odd...yet," the robotic voice of Rotom answers. Their eyes dart around as though looking for something. The electric/ghost-type had just received a new SIM card and was likely searching for anything suspicious. And rightfully so, considering that the device is their home. Any adjustment to the mobile was a risk to be considered, but thankfully there didn't seem to be anything "out of the ordinary".

Of course if anyone would want or need to speak with the Top Ranger, proper access to a valid cell service warranted the change. This didn't necessarily mean that the Plasma Pokémon had to like it.

"Wonderful. Now we will test is calls can be made properly," a person clad in a black suit stands by, pushing the glasses up on their face. Seconds later, Rotom Phone lights up as the screen showcases an unknown number clad with a faceless avatar. With a nod at the working functionality, they end the call.

"This number what the Commission will use to keep in contact with you." (Y/n) gives a nod of her own.

They all stood in a vacant office within the main building. Though it wasn't as spacious as Nezu's office, everything else about it gave off a similar atmosphere. Despite the white-mouse principal being present alongside the familiar face of Kamui Woods, he was not the main speaker this time around—the role being in the onus of the nameless person that stood in front of the teen.

They cut to the chase.

Fishing out a familiar black box, the representative opens it to reveal (Y/n)'s styler—new and intact. Briskly reaching to take the item form them, the teen starts inspecting the item. Turning on the device she moves to mess with the settings and controls to give an internal scan. A bit of time passes and a 'ding' leaves the small speakers signifying no errors in functionality. The Top Ranger smiles a little. I was nice to have it back to it's capable state.

"We also worked the number into this device of yours. The 'styler' was it?" (Y/n) nods tightening the tech over her wrist. Hatsume and Power Loader did a superb job. She would have to thank them later.

"We all remain to know very little about this item of yours though from what we can see from our own inspection reports is that it poses no potential threat to harm, so we've the decided that you can do with it as you see fit."

"With that being said, I am running out of time to speak with you—in person, at least." (Y/n) gives off an inquisitive look.

"There's no rest for the weary. While I uphold the responsibility of seeing you to your work, there remains to be other tasks that I must finish on my own."

"Ever since these Pokémon have arrived, the Commission has made an effort to take up any civilian's complaints that cite either strange activity or odd encounters," the spokesperson says in their utmost professional voice. The undertone of their words filled the air with tension and the Top Ranger could feel the burn of fierce eyes staring into her under tinted lenses. Try as she might to block out their passive derisiveness, the effort was in vain as the girl felt herself shrink underneath their gaze. "Thankfully, there hasn't been anything that warrants the urgency as previously with the Lugia, and hopefully it will stay that way."

As if nothing happened, they turn to give a bow Nezu, Midnight, and Kamui, the representative moves to adjust their frames once more.

"Of course, we're not leaving you to do these assignments on your own either. You may very well be skilled with the creatures, but under our jurisdiction you are not qualified to act as you please. A Provisional License is required in order for you to do so. Even then, the License is for scenarios that require immediate assistance."