Chapter One, Part Five: Encounter

A small mouse creature of orange and gold is released from the ball. Beady blue eyes take in the surrounding area before regarding Lugia directly in front of her. Letting out a squeak of recognition, the mouse pokémon kicks up her large lightning-shaped tail so it hovers above ground. Raichu jumps to place herself on top of her tail and assumes a surfer's stance. Small sparks bounce from her cheeks as she releases a determined battle cry. Lugia follows suit with one of their own.

"Alright, Raichu. Give yourself a boost with Electric Terrain."

The pokémon's sparking increases. The electric-psychic type builds up her electricity and scatters it, super-charging the atmosphere. The change is sharp and invigorating as a faint yellow color tints the city street. The storm begins to crackle. (Y/n) takes notice that the storm clouds gradually get darker.

Perfect.

They're at the homestretch. Though, her turn was finished and Lugia makes their move. Gathering the copious amount of the rainstorm, the legendary pokémon concentrates the water and applies pressure to the mass. Moments later the bubble bursts. Water jets like a pressure washer slamming into Raichu. The blast from Lugia's Hydro Pump momentarily obscures the young ranger's vision. Having lost sight of her mouse partner, the (Y/n) calls out to Raichu. After the attack had calmed, Raichu could be seen steadying herself on her tail. Shaking of the shock from such a strong impact, the pokémon quickly recovers shaking out her fur as much as she could despite the continuous downpour. Sparks reclaim their spots on the electric-psychic's yellow cheeks—bigger and bolder with the assistance of Electric Terrain. It's time to end this once and for all.

"Give it all you've got and use Thunder!"

The bright glow of electricity grows exponentially larger as it travels along Raichu's body. From head to tail the power is stored and the electric mouse shoots a beam upwards and into the raging storm. The thunderclouds boom and get the darkest that (Y/n) had ever seen. Mere seconds felt like minutes in anticipation, then it happened. A hefty bolt to lightning strikes down, landing an impact on the legendary pokémon leaving a blinding flash in its wake. The thunderclap that follows is deafening, the ranger almost couldn't hear the roar of agony Lugia had let loose. The attack was super-effective! Static leaves the large creature convulsing, the restriction of its wings forces them to the ground. The rumbling of concrete from the fall cause everyone around them to brace their stability.

At last, Lugia was down for the count. Lying on the pavement with swirls in its eyes, the legendary pokémon let out a weak groan of both pain and defeat. It was unable to battle anymore. Raichu along with Carracosta and Honchkrow who were stationed on the sidelines let out cheers for the victory. Meanwhile, (Y/n) had moved to rummaging in her bag for healing items.

"Honchkrow. Do us all a favor and use Sunny Day."

The black bird hears his trainer loud and clear. With a summoning caw and the hefty flap of his wings the storm gradually dies down. The wet streets were no longer met with the consistent downpour of rain and the heavy clouds subside. The young ranger shivers at the feeling of her wet clothes weighing on her body. Even after all the excursions she's taken part in, heavy rain is something she never got around to getting accustomed to. The electric terrain disperses soon afterward.

Grabbing some berries and potions (Y/n) moves to help Lugia. Though, before the girl could get any closer to the defeated pokémon, she is abruptly stopped. Releasing a yelp at her abrupt immobilization, (Y/n) swiftly looks down to see sturdy cloth blinding her by the waist. She looks back to see the man—Eraserhead—on the other end.

"What're you doing?"

"W-well. I'm going to help Lugia..."

"Lugia, huh? Just what is your deal? You barge into a fight claiming that you know what these creatures are and succeed in taking one down—with other creatures that work with you. Are they yours? Did you know that this Lugia would be here?"

(Y/n)'s lips press into a thin line. Couldn't the questioning wait for a few more minutes? Noise of protest come from the pokémon by her side, their attitudes soured by the man's adversity. Thankfully, they don't make any move to attack, but there's no deny they would be ready if need be.

"These three are mine, but the Lugia is not. And no, I didn't know it'd be here." (E/c) eyes scan over the heroes before her. Despite her nervousness, she casts a determined look.

"I don't mind answering whatever questions you may have, but now is not the right time or place." Her gaze averts to the defeated diving pokémon. It seemed that the initial pain of electricity they were dealt was gone. Yet, it remained lying there with a saddened twinge in its eyes. (Y/n) could empathize. Those eyes embodied the emotions of loss and exhaustion—the result of being in a new and unfamiliar place with no place to go. Maybe that's why such a rare and noble pokémon like Lugia had been roaming city streets.

"The portals Dialga and Palkia made. The pokémon and I were sent here..." Her attention returned to the pro-heroes of whom looked both confounded and confused.

"Perhaps Lugia is lost. After all, its been almost three days...They're probably searching for a home since they had basically been removed from the one they had before." It was clear that the young girl wasn't only talking about the legendary creature. She failed to take notice of the tears that ran down her face until she felt Raichu wiping at them. Her faces scrunches as she turns away. Any person caught in her predicament would be afraid, yet the Top Ranger still felt shame to be seen crying regardless.

"I need to make sure Lugia recovers. So please..." (Y/n) may not have been looking, but she could feel their eyes boring into her figure. These "pokémon" could pose a potential threat if their encounter with Lugia was anything to go by. So were they really going to risk the chance of more catastrophe if the creature were to antagonize once more? Nobody could seem to make up their mind, so Midnight decides to take one for the team.

"We'll release you on the condition that we supervise." Kamui, Eraser, and Gang look at the woman like she had grown two heads. She shrugs.

"The kid seems to know what she's doing, and we can't just leave the creature there. Plus, this'll be a good opportunity to know what we're dealing with."

**************

Izuku Midoriya had been the last to return to Heights Alliance. After all that had happened recently with the brawl between All-Might and All for One, the villain was finally apprehended and in Tartarus prison. Though, the equivalent exchange to this blessing was that the former #1 hadn't come out unscathed in the end. Using the remaining power he had, All-Might's time with the quirk One For All had come to a close. So, as the successor to that power, Midoriya worked to fortify the quirk that he and so many holds dear. Unfortunately, only a select few knew of this status, and is often relegated to training either on his own or one-on-one with the former hero.

The green haired teen was ready to call it a day, but seeing his classmates awake and lively immediately grabs his attention. It's pretty late, most people would be laying in their rooms right about now. Not today, apparently.

Ochako and Todoroki are the first ones to notice him enter. The brunette waves him over to join while the dual-quirked student nods his head in greeting. Izuku places himself between the two as he surmises Mina, Denki, and Momo with phones in hand scrolling through a multitude of photos and videos showing unfamiliar creatures. His features brighten a bit. Those were the "quirked creatures" everyone had been talking about! Ever since they popped up all around the world, it was a topic that arose in conversations despite the fact that it's only been almost 3 days since their arrival. There was quite a lot to be worried about concerning these animals having quirks, but Midoriya could not deny that he was also interested...maybe a little too interested.

"Oh, hey Midoriya! Come closer and check these babies out," Mina practically shoves her phone in his face. Nevertheless, his gaze washes over the picture of a blue bipedal fox-creature caught in the action of punching a boulder, the sedimentary nearly rubble in the midst of the creature's strength. Smaller versions of the larger blue fox stood off to the side watching in admiration of the strength they demonstrated. Midoriya couldn't help but share the same sentiment as the little ones.

Oh yeah. If these creatures are as powerful as they appear to be, Midoriya will have a lot more to mumble about.