Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Burden of The Future Is Everyone's Responsibility

Reiner stomped his big body over to Eren. Orange electricity began to surround the two boys's bodies. Shit their about to shift. We all ran towards Eren in a big group to get him away but we were too far.

"Eren! Run!" Armin screamed out after our friend.

An incredibly large gust of wind sent all of our bodies flying backwards. The incredible glow of the light temporarily blinded us, not allowing us to see anything but its luminous glow. I'm getting real tired of this.

Suddenly, erupting from the light and smoke was the colossal titans large skinless upper body. He let out a piercing scream.

We watched as the 50 meter skinless mass reached his large arm out and grabbed the stretcher that held Ymir's unconscious body.

After the wind was gone and we could all stand up again, Hange, Armin, Mikasa, Sasha, Connie, Historia and everyone else including myself ran to the edge of the wall to see Eren in the armored titans large hand as Reiner slid down the wall to make his escape.

"I was gone for only a few hours. What the hell is going on?"

"You're just on time Captain. It seems like the fun has just begun." I said, pointing down the wall as Reiner tried to escape with Eren. I swear it's like you make appearances just at the right moment Levi.

Levi stood before me in his uniform and ODM gear ready for battle per usual.

"Eren!" Mikasa screamed.

And with that touch, the memories of the time I had shared with Reiner came flooding back. They came like a full tide, sweeping me back to the same day 3 and a half years ago where I had first met the boy. I remembered all the times Reiner patted my head and ruffled my hair. I recalled all the times he had said something flirty and stupid. How stupid of me to think I actually had made a friend. So help me God, Reiner and Bertholt if ever given the chance... I won't hesitate to kill you both myself.

I was shaken from my thoughts by another bright light and shrill roar.

"You alright, y/n?" I didn't notice Levi had put his hand on my shoulder and stood only a few inches to the left of me. He had a look of worry on his usually stone cold face.

"I'm fine. Looks like Eren shifted now too, huh?" Levi opened his mouth to say something but was interrupted by the panicked orders shooting out from Hanji.

"Move everyone!" She ordered. Levi and I looked quickly to see Bertholts giant skinless arm about to swat us away like flies.

Levi grabbed my hand and the both of us jumped from the edge and slid about 4 meters down the wall before anchoring onto it with our rigs. We were side by side with Hange and the other scouts awaiting orders.

"Damn it!" I yelled out in frustration, slamming the hilt of my blades into the wall.

Historia's blue eyes became glassy and red as tears began to fill them. Little water droplets began to escape, falling down her cheeks and leaving behind little streaks. "No. This isn't happening!"

"How can Bertholt..." Armin whispered barely being heard due to the loud commotion going on below us. We all just hung there in silence for a second still trying to allow the painful reality to set in.