Chapter Thirty-Two: Late Night Confessions

Twiddling the blue pendant between my fingers, I walked alongside Levi as we ascended a rugged hill, its stony path leading us to the summit where Hanji and a few others awaited. Below, Eren stood at the foot of the hill, his titan form at the ready for Hanji's experiments to begin, leaving Levi and me alone as we ventured upwards. The ascent unfolded silently, the distant murmur of wind and the crunch of gravel beneath our boots accompanying the shared anticipation of what awaited us today.

"Why is this hill so damn steep?" A groan escaped me as I awkwardly stretched my leg, grappling with discomfort, in an attempt to clamber atop a stubborn rock obstructing my path.

Levi shrugged "It's a tall hill."

"No shit"

Levi smiled and let out a small exhale of air from his nose.

"You should really smile more" I said. A warmth crept up my cheeks, a subtle blush unfurling, as my gaze traced the contours of each of his sharply defined features.

"Why is that? Is that what you would like?"Levi came to an abrupt stop on the trail, pivoting to face me. His piercing silver eyes locked onto my own e/c ones.

I smirked and shook my head. "Oh no. Never mind. Don't smile. You'll kill me. I stop breathing when you smile." I placed my hands over my heart, a gesture that accentuated the theatricality of my words.

Levi's eyes widened, and he averted his gaze, seemingly unable to meet my eyes. A small laugh escaped my lips as I continued to ascend a few more steps. When I turned around to check on him, I realized he hadn't followed me further. Instead, he remained rooted to the spot just below where I stood.

"Well are you coming?" I extended my hand out. Levi looked at my hand and then back up to me. I watched as his lips curled up into the most perfect smile. Levi put his pale hand into mine. "I'll always go where you go." My heart quickened its pace, and a delightful swirl of excitement and happiness churned in my stomach at Levi's words. He kept his grasp on my hand as we neared the hill top, leaving the shade of the trees behind.

Stepping through the final row of trees, the intense sunlight momentarily blurred my vision, and I instinctively shielded my eyes with my free hand, attempting to block out the radiant sun.

"I'm going to go talk to Hanji." Releasing Levi's hand, I made my way towards the female commander.

Levi's POV:

I reluctantly let go of y/n's hand and watched her walk off. A constant smile has found its home on my lips as of late. She, without a doubt, has captured my heart. Her presence is nothing short of enchanting, and in my eyes, she is nothing short of perfection.

I had almost set out towards y/n and Hanji when I abruptly halted in my tracks, my attention snagged by the murmurings of y/n's name circulating among a group of male cadets.

A man's voice rang out from his group of friends, "Who do you think the hottest chick in the 104th is?" he asked.

"Definitely Captain l/n. That Historia girl is pretty too, but l/n is an absolute goddess." Another man replied.

"Oh yeah. I'd love to get me a piece of that. Too bad she's a hard-ass and I can't even get a word in with her" another man added. An overwhelming surge of anger coursed through me upon overhearing their conversation. Pigs. All of them. Nothing but little boys who can't keep it in their pants. Their minds occupied by lude and immature thoughts.