Chapter Seven: The Gift Of A Moment

As Eren and I walked to the library, we were met by Reiner standing alone at the library entrance. 

"Hey Reiner" Eren waved.

"Hey Eren, Hey y/n" Reiners said, pink gracing his features as he greeted us. Eren looked at me and I gave a confused shrug in response.

"Are you guys heading into the library?" Reiner asked.

"Yeah, we decided to hangout together since we have some free time." Eren responded.

"Why are you standing all alone? Where's Bertholt?" I asked

"He's off training with Annie." 

"He really likes her huh?" I said. Reiner chuckled and nodded. "Yeah, he's not the only one with a thing for a pretty girl." 

"I don't know what your trying to say" Eren said confused. Reiner laughed again and patted my head like he had been doing for the past few months.

"You might not understand Eren, but I'm sure y/n does" Reiner smiled and said his goodbyes to us, making his way back to his room.

"What was he talking about?" Eren asked.

I blushed nervously. "Come on let's just go" I grabbed Eren's arm and practically pushed him through the library doors.

"Oh look there's Armin" I said pointing to the blonde with his nose in a book titled "history and the outside world." he was too busy reading to notice anyone around him.

"Should we sit with him?" I asked.

"Just leave him. As long as he's reading he'll ignore everything and everyone" he laughed and led me to an empty table.

Eren wasn't even reading he was just staring out the window looking down at our fellow comrades walking around chatting and training. I looked down to see what he was looking at and all I saw was Bertolt and Annie fighting, Mikasa working out, Sasha running laps. she must've got in trouble again, and finally a couple sitting under a tree cuddling in the shade.

"Get a room" I mumbled.

Eren laughed. "It's sweet isn't it?" He asked.

"I guess. I wouldn't know" I shrugged scooting my chair closer into the desk.

"I hope once we destroy the titans I'll be able to live outside of the walls and I hope I'll be able to have a family and grow old" he gave a gentle smile and looked away from the window.

"Who would you marry? Mikasa?" I teased.

"What? No! She's like a sibling to me. You don't understand how long I had to insist she didn't come here with us." he huffed.

"Ah she's not that bad, she cares about you, Jeager. That's all. I think you should be nicer to her." I replied.

"Yeah, but sometimes she oversteps and she scolds me like she's my mom"

"It's because she cares, she doesn't want you getting hurt. You'll come around" I said.

"Whatever. But either way I wouldn't marry her." he said.

"Why?" I asked.

"I don't know I've just never thought of her like that and I don't think I ever will" He shrugged.

"We'll see" i gave him a playful smile.

"So what about you? It seems you have quite a few guys around here wrapped around your finger. he teased back.

"Like who?" I asked annoyed.

"Well Jean and-"

"Jean flirts with everyone he doesn't count" I interrupted.