cxxxix. neil perry

You were Charlie's sister and had come to visit Welton for a few days, while your parents were out of town

You were Charlie's sister and had come to visit Welton for a few days, while your parents were out of town. Charlie had been showing you around and took you into one of his friends' dormitory.

"And this is Neil and Todd. An aspiring actor and a poet-in-the-making. Neil and Todd, meet (Y/N) - my sister."

You walked forwards and shook hands with the two of them. "It's nice to meet you both." You turned to Neil. "Did you say you like acting? I heard they're putting on a production of A Midsummer Night's Dream at Henley Hall. I'm going to audition for the part of Titania next week. You should come along."

Neil grinned. "Maybe I will. I have to say it would be fun working on a play with you for the next few weeks."

You smiled. "You too."

Charlie frowned at you both jokingly. "Rule number 1 of (Y/N)'s stay here is that there will be no flirting with my sister from any of you lot. Ok?"

Neil looked taken aback. "I wasn't flirting. I was being polite."

Charlie chuckled, before turning to you and whispering into your ear. "But if you do decide to date one of my friends, make it Neil. He's a good guy and with all the stuff going on with his dad, he could use someone like you... even if you do get on my nerves most of the time."

You smiled at your brother. "I am old enough to decide these sort of things for myself you know, Charlie. We're the same age." You turned back to Neil. "So, about the play, should I expect to see you there next week?"

He beamed widely. "If you're coming, I'll definitely be there."