lxvii. the lost boys

You were walking down the Santa Carla boardwalk, when you caught a blonde stranger on a motorcycle staring at you attentively, with a smile on his lips

You were walking down the Santa Carla boardwalk, when you caught a blonde stranger on a motorcycle staring at you attentively, with a smile on his lips. You were new to town and had become a friend of the Frog brothers. Knowing this must be the head vampire, David, they had spoken so much about, you knew you should stay away, but something about him kept pulling you towards him.

"I've not seen you around here before," David commented, as he walked in a circle around you. "Santa Carla isn't a safe place for girls like you at night."

"Girls like me?"

"Beautiful girls." He moved closer, his lips hovering close to your neck. "You don't know what kind of guys might be lurking around the corner."

"You mean vampires?" you asked plainly, somewhat surprising him, yet his calm, unbothered attitude didn't falter. "I know what you are."

"You don't seem scared of me. Most people would run away if they knew they were face to face with a vampire."

"I was warned to stay away from you, but you're... different to what I expected."

"Let me guess. You were expecting sheet white face, fangs out, cloak on, blood dripping from my mouth. We're not all Dracula, you know. That's a stereotype and that's highly prejudiced of you." He paused. "That being said, nice guy."

You raised an eyebrow. "Dracula's real?"

"Of course, darling." He placed an arm over your shoulder. "If you come with me, I could show you a whole side of the world you never knew. All you have to do is say yes."

The way Alan and Edgar had described vampires, you expected to see horrific looking monsters, who would make you run away, terrified. But when you were with David, you felt the most relaxed you had since moving.

"Yes. I want you to show me."