13 Eternal Loss

"Victor! There is a file on you in here." I shout out to Victor in the lab.
"I also have a file on you Reath." I hear Jaidyn say in the room beside me.
I save the file and go to the room Grace is in.
"Have you got anything?" I ask her as she stares at the monitor screen.
"There is a file on me here." Grace replies,her face now pale and blank.
"Save the files and I will examine all the information we have gather on our return home." Victor says as he finishes up at the surgical tables.
We all walk to the middle of the room,all in a circle.
"Raise your hand if you think we should destroy this place." Jaidyn says as he raises his own hand.
The remainder of us raise out hands.
"Very well then." Victor says as he plays a small, metallic spherical device on the floor. "We will need to get airborne before I can detonate this.
"Finally,we can go home!" I say,a smile on my face.
I look to Victor and Jaidyn as they begin to leave,both of them possessing a slight spring in their step.
I look to Grace who is standing beside me. Her face filled with a combination of worry and curiosity.
"Don't be so down lass. We have finally found something connects to your forgotten past and what happened a year ago." I say as I put my hand in her shoulder,hoping to comfort her worries.
Within seconds I have a sword to my throat.
"How do you know all that? I never told you anything about my past! Are you working with the humans?!" Grace says as she pushed the sword harder against my throat,threatening to pierce it.
I look at her shocked. This is a side of her I saw the first time I met her,but this time there is hatred in those hazel eyes.
"Harmony told me. I am sorry for bringing up your past." I say,bowing my head.
The sword recedes from my throat. I raise my head to see guilt in Grace's eyes.
"Don't worry. Lets go home." I say with a smile.
Grace replies with a little nod and a smile. We then leave the facility.
We board the craft we came in,Jaidyn and Victor already strapped in and ready to go.
"Get us in the air." Jaidyn commands the pilot.
I see victor push the touch pad on his arm and almost immediately I see the facility explode in a wash of dark purple and bright blue light. The ramp closes immediately after the light display.
We eventually return back to the concrete facility,everyone else already appearing to be relaxed and calm.
As we all exit the craft Jaidyn begins to speak.
"Just take your armour to the tech lab. I will fix up all the damage there and retrieve any saved data."
Victor,Grace and I walk to the hanger exit while Jaidyn checks the ships fuel and electronics.
"May I ask where the tech lab is?" I ask.
"It is next to the medical bay." Grace answers. "No time to waste."
She grabs both mine and Victors shoulder,the symbol forming quickly beneath our feet. We are then suddenly in a large black room lit by several lights hanging from the ceiling. A large holographic table sits in the middle of the room.
We all exit our armour. Leaving three black metal statues standing there.
"Now for a shower!" Grace says excitedly with a large grin on her face.
"And where are they?" I ask,feeling really stupid yet again.
"The showers are connected to the sleeping quarters. I will take us there." Grace replies,not seeming to find my lack of knowledge bothersome.
"I will stay here and help Jaidyn by beginning to extract the saved files from our armour.
Grace just puts her hand on my shoulder and the lab is replaced with a room filled with bunk beds.
I suddenly begin to feel dizzy and I place my hand on my forehead hoping it might steady myself.
The dizziness is short lived so I pull my hand away to find that it is covered in blood.
"Well that is interesting." I mutter to myself as I look at my hand.
Grace turns to me to see what I am muttering about. Her eyes fall to my blood cover hand.
"Are you alright?!" She asks,her face now full of concern.
"I am fine. It is probably just from when the Veil bashed me against the wall. It will be healed shortly." I say with a smile.
"Lets get cleaned up then!" Grace says as she walks to a door on the wall at the end of the row of bunks.
Grace opens the door to two separate white tiled walkways.
"Right is boys',left is girls'. See ya!" Grace says as she walks down the left walkway.
I walk down the walkway to where it eventually opens up to a large room that has four shower cubicles.
I go into one and get myself cleaned up. Once I have finished I return to the beds. No one else is there so I decide to lie on the nearest bed and go to sleep.
And what I see a not dreams at all,but nightmares!