18 Eternal Waters

I look up as I fall to see a few more figures fall with me. I see the hole stop growing and faces peering down. Not after the long,the hole above becomes just a speck among the darkness.
I continue falling for at least an hour before I hit water,my back still smashing against the bottom. I feel as if something thin and long has pierced my left side and right shoulder. A hear a few more splashes nearby and a groan of pain from the darkness.
I look around,but still cannot see anything.
I look to the small screen on my gauntlet to switch on a light,and to my surprise I manage to. A small light to the right of my vision flickers to life,showing my surroundings. I look to where the groan came from to find Victor flat on his back,several thin spikes going straight through his torso,his eyed tightly closed.
I look to my right shoulder and left side to find spikes also sticking out of my armour and flesh. I suddenly notice that the pool I am currently in only takes up half of the floor space,a small wall standing between this pool and another.
I reach to the spike going through my right shoulder,gripping the cold metal tightly in my left hand. I begin to pull it through,the pain excruciating. I grit my teeth,trying to withstand the pain. I suddenly feel the spike give way as it exits my shoulder,leaving a small hole behind. I reach down to the spike in mt left side,but this time with both hands. I pull at the spike,this time it comes through rather quickly.
I sit up to see that the pool is filled with metal spikes,like that of a trap.
I look over to Victor to see him beginning to sit up,all the spikes still attached to the floor. The spikes slowly exits his body as he sits up,many newly formed wounds in his back now beginning to leak blood.
I stand up,feeling slightly unsteady on my feet from the impact of the fall. I walk over to the small wall,Victor be beside me. We both find Harmony and Grace lying unconcious at the bottom of a deep pool, at least thirty metres deep. Both at the bottom due to their weighty armour. We both quickly dive in,Victor now on my right.
Victor points to the left where Grace lies,I do not argue,for Harmony's medieval armour would make her far heavier. Victor splits off to the right to retrieve Harmony,as I do to the left to retrieve Grace. I grab her around the chest with my left hand and begin to swim up. I see Victor exit the water, whilst I am still at least six metres deep,my injuries and the extra weight beginning to drag me back down. I begin to feel my vision going black due to the lack of air. I begin to feel myself beginning to suck in water,the liquid now filling up my lungs.
I see Grace weakly point at the wall with her left hand. I make my way to the wall, where Grace places her hand upon the surface and a small circular symbol appears. I am suddenly transported onto shallow side that has spikes, where I quickly remove my helmet and where we are both on our hands and knees coughing up water.
I look up to see Harmony conscious, kneeling before me, a sword in her hand.
"So we must enter the heart of the temple." She mutters as she stands up. "We must recover and move on. We must find the temples heart, for their may lie our salvation." Harmony looks down at us, "Do not worry about the others,they will wait."
I stand, the pain in my shoulder beginning to grow numb. I look to Grace, who is also beginning to stand,her left hand clutching tightly at her wounded stomach.
"You alright?" I ask Grace as I look down at her wounds.
"I will be okay." She replies, a weak smile now on her face.
I look to bottom of the deep pool to find a small symbol carved out, looking like that of one of Grace's teleportation symbols.
" There's a symbol on the bottom of this pool." I say,pointing.
The rest move over to see.
"Do you think..." I begin to say, before Victor cuts me off.
"Grace is far to weak to activate it. It may be possible for you to activate it though."
"I say we try it." Harmony says as she looks toward the symbol."
"What if it does not work?" I ask,hoping for a good answer.
"We would probably drown." Victor states bluntly.
"Okay,this is the plan. Grace is too weak to swim, so Reath, you will use her as some extra weight so you can reach the bottom faster and start attemping to activate the symbol as soon as possible. Victor and I will follow close behind."
"Thanks Harmony." Grace says sarcastically.
"I did not mean to offend. Just get on Reath's back so we can get this done." Harmony says.
Grace walks over to me and hops onto my back.
"Ready?" I ask.
"Yep." Grace replies.
I jump into the water,once again being consumed by its dark mass, but this time moving faster through it. Shortly before we reach the bottom,I see something stir in the darkness, something like that of a snake. I quickly look over, my light revealing at least a dozen large black snakes that are retreating into the darkness. As I look closer I notice that they are not snakes, but lots of tentacles.
I start to begin to swim faster until I reach the symbol. Up close the symbol is a bit larger then a dinner plate. I place my armoured hand on it, and will for my power to enter it. The symbol begins to glow a weak purple.
Shortly Harmony and Victor are beside us. I signal for them to be quiet and then point in the direction of the mass of tentacles. They look over and then nod in reply.
Just as the symbol begins to glow bright, I feel something rap itself around my torso and begin to pull. I quickly grip the floor of the pool with my free hand, my fingers splitting the hard surface. I look to see the horror upon Harmony's face.
A small portal forms near the symbol which I gesture quite frantically for Victor and Harmony to go through, which they quickly do.
I begin to claw my way to the portal, the thing around my torso beginning to pull harder. Just before I enter the portal with Grace upon my back, I feel her grip weaken and fall away. I quickly turn and grasp her unconscious bodie's arm, only one hand stopping the tentacles from pulling us in. I see a large black shape begin to enter my vision. Fear grips my soul as I see the beast before me. It is the mouth of a small Kraken. Hundreds of razor sharp teeth sitting in its large circular jaws.
My arms begins to burn with the effort of holding on, but not after long it is wrenched from its spot by the Kraken's strong grasp and it begins to pull us in.