8 Eternal Thanks

"Is something the matter Reath?" The Veil asks.
Shadows begin to coil around my body,the trance taking hold. The crazed grin returns to my face as my eyes grow wide. I stand up and walk to the Veil,my sword now summoned. I push the point of the blade against it's throat,threatening to pierce it.
"Should I kill you or should I not? That is part of the game." I say,not being able to control what I say.
A crazed,hight pitched laugh begins to escape my mouth.
"This will be fun." I mutter to myself.
"Calm down Reath,you'll hurt yourself. You shouldn't even be standing yet. We still don't know what happened to you,there could be more to this then what we have seen."
"Reath,STOP! He's our doctor! He wants to help you! He isn't a normal Veil,an anomaly occurred during he's creation. He has intelligence. He has no memory of the humans and he joined us! STOP!" Grace screams.
"You have that right,but he isn't just a medical doctor is he?" A small chuckle escapes my mouth. "The humans used his intelligence for a time,until he realised what he was doing was wrong. That is when he joined us. I will kill him and most of you."
I turn to see that Grace has drawn her pistol,it pointed at my head.
"Stop now. I have already notified the others,they will be here in minutes." Grace says to me,her face filled with concern.
My face turns from crazed into pure rage.
"How dare you point that at me! I was going to let you,Harmony and Jaidyn live,but now! Both you and that creature should be grateful to me.I SAVED YOU BOTH!!!" I yell at the top of my lungs.
I collapse to the ground,the trance ended. The world now fading slowly into a black. I see everyone enter the medical bay,all of them battle ready.
I feel a small smile appear on my face just before black consumes my vision(again).

I wake up again,this time no one is by me. I slowly sit up,putting my hand to my forehead,hoping it might help to stop the splitting pain in my skull. I turn to see the Veil sitting in a nearby chair.
"That pain would be dehydration. We ran out of water bags to hook you up to about six hours ago. Might be a plan to go get some water into you before the pain gets even worse."
I lower my hand from my face.
"You're still looking after me? After what I did?! I was going to KILL you!"
"Technically you threatened to kill me. And I'm not here by pure choice. It took a bit of convincing from Harmony for me to remain here. She really fought for you."
"Well,thank you for keeping me well. I really mean it. Just asking,do you know what I meant when I said that I saved you both and why I went into that strange trance?"
"Sorry,but I'm lost on both of those. It could be a suppressed traumatic memory coming through that is triggering violent behaviour. I'm not sure,but I will look into it. I will inform the others that you are alright and need water. Now go get some water before you die!" The Veil says as he begins to gesture for me to leave.
I slowly get off the bed,feeling a little bit dizzy as I do. I make my way to the main living space,everyone looking rather relaxed. They all notice me,I begin to get faces of suspicion. Harmony begins to walk off and signals for me to follow. We walk until we come to a dark hallway with many doors. Some of the doors possess names. We walk up to a door with Harmony written on it and enter. The room is small,has a large desk with many photos,notes and a large bottle of water,and a two chairs are also in the room.
Harmony sits in one and gestures for me to sit in the other.
"How are you feeling?" Harmony asks me,her face now looking worried.
"I have a headache,but otherwise I'm feeling splendid." A bit of sarcasm creeping into my voice.
Harmony quickly gives me the water bottle from her desk and I drink the whole thing in one go. I pass it back to her and she returns it to the desk.
"Feeling better?" Harmony asks.
"Yeah,much better." I reply.
"We need to get serious now Reath." A stern look forming on Harmony's face. "What did you say in the medical bay about The Veil and Grace? Exact words."
"I said,'Both you and that creature should be grateful to me.I saved you both'."
"You need to know something about those two. They have only been with us for almost a year,unlike the others who have been with me for almost a decade now. I had heard reports that a big explosion had occurred in a nearby desert and there were three survivors. Two wolf men,one black,one white and a teenage girl. But when I arrived,the black wolf was gone. I took the girl and the white wolf in,and nurtured them back to health. Both had lost their memorie, like you. The girl was Grace and the white wolf was that Veil. I was also curious about the black wolf man,so I investigated. Witnesses of the explosion said that the black wolf was very big,possibly two to two and a half meters tall and that just before the explosion happened,it used its own body to protect the girl. Witnesses also said that this black wolf remained conscious after the explosion and left looking very injured. It left the girl and the white wolf there unconscious,but safe. You three have far more in common then what you originally knew."
"Do you know who the black wolf is or was?"
"I honestly think it was you. Make the connections! The memory,you were are large black wolf! You said that you had saved them both! Grace has also been looking for the one who saved her,so she can thank them for saving her life. She started thinking it was you after you guys saved me and she found out that you were the Immortal of Darkness."
I stand up,trying to process all this information.
"I don't remember any of that. How could that have been me?"
"Did you ever wake up one day with great pain in your back and no way to explain it?"
I begin to think.
"I have! And it was about a year ago." My speech slows as I finish my sentence. My eyes widening in realisation.
"You see? It was you! You cannot deny it. The evidence points to you!"
I sit back down,my brain still in a mess trying to sort through all this information.
"Where is Grace? She wasn't in the living room."
"She has been in her room for the last day,ever since the incident in the medical bay she hasn't left."
I quickly jump to my feet.
"I am going to go see her,I need to apologise for what happened."
"Do not alert her to the fact that you are the black wolf,she needs something else on her mind right now. Something that will make her happy." Harmony says,beginning to think.
"Okay,I have got the perfect idea! Oh,and thank you for getting that Veil to stay and look after me!"
I quickly run out the door then stop. "Where is Grace's door? Which way."
"Turn right and her door is the third on the right. The door will have her name on it." I hear Harmony say from inside her room.
"Thanks!" I quickly reply before going to Grace's room.
I knock on the door softly,hoping for it to be loud enough.
I here a soft "come in." come from the inside.
I slowly open the door to find Grace sitting at her desk in a casual white t-shirt,grey track-suit pants,with her hair out and on a laptop.
"How are you going?" I ask her gently.
She turns at my voice.
"I'm good." She replies.
"Sorry about what happened in the medical bay. I kind of lost control of myself." I say apologetically.
"That is alright. At least you're feeling better." Grace says,a weak smile forming on her face.
"You feeling up for a fight?" I ask,a smile appearing on my face as I do.
She lets out a bit of a laugh.
"The real question is,are you?" Grace asks,the weak smile now becoming large and strong.
"Oh,I'm ready las!"
"I'll meet you in the simulation room in fifteen minutes. I just need to get changed into my Ninja gear." Grace says as she gets up from her seat.
I exit her room.
"See you there!" I say as I shut her door.
I turn around to see Harmony right behind me.
"That was a good idea. It gets her thoughts off the black wolf and it gets her out of her room. Nice one." Harmony says to me,nodding her head. "To the simulation room I guess."
Harmony begins to walk off and I follow.
We enter the simulation room and I go lye in one of the four beds.
"I will warn you,the power she possesses is speed based like mine. When your power is more strength based. So just be moderately careful,because she is literally a Ninja! Also,if you begin to enter your violent trance state,I will pull you out straight away. I am not going to risk losing either of you,because although your wounds do not appear to travel back into the world,Jaidyn was in a little bit of pain for a few hours after that fight you guys had. I don't want to take any risks because I do not want to lose some of my friends and strongest combatants." Harmony says as she begins to walk over to the small console,a serious tone in her voice.
"I understand." I say with a quick nod.

Grace walks in a few minutes later wearing what I first saw her in,all black with a katana on her back and her hair in a pony-tail. She lies down in the bed beside me and Harmony activates the dream state.

We are in a large forest with tall trees that have huge trunks,I wouldn't even be able to get my arms half way around them if I hugged them.
"You ready?" I here Grace ask,smiling
"Yep!" I reply,with a smile on my face too.
Grace begins to unsheathe the Katana on her back as I summon my sword and armour.
"Fighting a Ninja,eh? This will be very interesting." I think to myself.