Chapter Sixteen

Cassius' P.O.V

"Have Jason dispatch Graveyard and Cement to the outskirts of Liyatith. Keep them posted there until the we confirm the Westerners suspicious activity. Also, tell the squads to not get caught even if their life depends on it. We want the Westerners to believe we have this farce blind trust in them." Grimm nods.

Instead of leaving like he always does, he studies my face and continues to walk around me like a mother goose and me being its gosling. I've been able to keep myself in check for the last couple of days. Soon the Easterners will be gone and I won't have anything to do with him any longer.

Unlike most other weres, I cannot crawl into my bed and sulk. I am a King before all else. Just because I have some internal issues does not mean I cannot function externally. Grimm, on the other hand, thinks otherwise.

"I'm fine."

"Your face was like a swollen balloon when I found you in your room the other night. You're not fine."

"I am. He wants to be a complete ass about it then I will let him. I am not going to sulk and become some heartbroken were because he wouldn't let me explain myself properly!" I shout out angered causing his eyebrow to raise and a wry smile to appear on his face.

"Go on."

"He said he didn't care what I meant to him! He said I disgusted him! Disgusted him Grimm! That did more than just hurt my feelings." I grumble as I snap the pin I was writing with in half.

"You are mates. . .yet you are engaged to a woman, nonetheless, a Westerner. He has right of it." I turn my head slowly like a poltergeist and look at him like he lost his mind. "Do not side with him!"

"You hurt his feelings as well. You do realize that, do you not?" I suck in my bottom lip and begin chewing at it before sighing out loud. Somehow the pen ends up being thrown in random places of the room. "Yes. Yes, I do realize that and I was trying to apologize, but he wouldn't let me!"

"Would you let you?" I blink at his question and gradually let it sink in before shaking my head. ". . .I would be more than livid if the tables were reversed. . .I suppose. . .he does need his time." But it's time we don't have.

"And if you didn't realize. . .he never once said he hated you. Through all his anger he never once mentioned it. He'll want to talk soon just not now." He gives a strong pat on my shoulder causing my eyes to fall.

"I understand not telling him who I was in the beginning was terrible considering me knowing his status. But I couldn't do that. I had so much to lose if I did. . .As soon as I was getting up the courage to tell him his father falls into my presence telling me not to be with his son!" I bite down on my lip trying my best not to become upset. "I have to honor my father by mate's wishes. It's in our grand code of conduct."

Grimm eyes me with a knowing look before he sighs. "What was I supposed to do Grimm?" My voice already is beginning to sound broken as that same painful feelings emerges from my heart. I wish I can just rip it out than to feel like this.

"Though he didn't say it I know he hates me and it hurts so much. He said he would be more than willing to give up all rights to me. He said that Grimm. He doesn't want me." My voice holds so much sadness it even surprises me. Since when did I begin to care so much for him to become like this?

"You are a King before all else. As I said before, it doesn't matter who you woe as long as if you are safe. Even though you are biased more towards Pierce, you still have other options. Though, I hope it does not come down to that, we must plan for the worst."

"I am a King. You are correct. Yet, I am still a were just like anyone else. I have emotions Grimm. I hate showing them but I do. I cannot even take a moment out of my life to sulk over a matter as large as this, unlike everyone else. Don't expect me to be strong. I feel absolutely terrible and I feel like I am going to shatter into a million pieces. My heart aches so much. . ." He purses his lips as I try my best to get myself together.