*Bonus III*

For thirty minutes I watch him sleep. No matter how we end up falling asleep he seems to always migrate back to my chest. He tends to lay his head right where my heart is.

I know one of the reasons is so I won't be able to leave his side. The other reason is because he loves to hear my heart beat. He says it soothes him, that it is the best sound he could ever hear.

My fingers go through his locks of auburn hair twisting and twirling it in my fingers mindlessly. To have ever thought I didn't want him seems like such a ludicrous thought to me now. He's more than what I ever asked for...as small as he is.

His eyelashes flutter for a moment before they slow. He gazes at me for a quick moment before he rests his head back onto my chest. His hands wrap around my torso causing me to look at him.

"...I wish...we could just stay like this.

Just like this."

He trails his fingers down my side with a ghost of a touch. 

"Pierce...have you ever thought of where you would live? You know...after the ceremony..."

"With you of course."

"...And the effects of our union..."

"The effects...?"

"I mean..." I can feel his face growing hotter.

"Such as... children and the sorts..."

My body becomes rigid causing him to laugh. " I suppose you haven't..."

He hugs me a little tighter. "How many do you want?"

"Want? Uh..mm...I'm not quite sure..." I say a bit flustered. 

"Just give me a number."

"Three."

"Mmm...I want four."

"Why am I not surprised?" The laugh I tried to suppress comes bellowing out of me. He raises his head and looks at me with a smile.

"Four is a good, even number. Three is too...I may change my mind if you convince me well enough." His eyes leaves mine for a quick second before looking back at me.

"How many boys?"

"I suppose three."

"...No girls?"

"I never done too well with women...having a daughter...may be even worse. Kids period, I've never done well with," I admit.

"I have a feeling you would spoil her to death and let her get away with everything. She would be your favorite and you her's." His hand finds mine and intertwines his fingers with my own. "You would make a great father, Pierce."

His eyes fill with so much warmth as well as his voice. "A loving, doting father that would give them everything their hearts so desire." I pull him closer to me and cover his lips with mine unable to express the happiness those words brought me .

"And what exactly brought on this topic?"

He gives me a shy smile and lays his head back onto my chest. "Nothing...just thinking of every little aspect of life with you. I am a king and a king needs an heir...and I want kids. Lots and lots of them."

I bite down my lip and narrow my eyes at him. An heir cannot be adopted. He or she must come from him directly. So, what exactly is he trying to get at here? 

"Cassius," I growl. Heir or no heir, I will not allow him to sleep with another person. He puts his leg between mine and rises with a big grin on his face.