Chapter Four

Pierce's P.O.V

I can feel it in his eyes. The way he looks at me, even the way he talks. He is not letting on all that needs to be known. But it matters little to me. I can go along with this little charade as long as I get to go back.

Despite me saying otherwise. . .I miss my little sister, my father, and friends. I need to let them know that I'm ok. I can't possibly allow my father to grieve over another one of his children.

I sit on the chair staring at nothing in particular. All the glamour of this room had faded the hour I stepped in here. As I look towards the foot of the bed, I see Cassius sprawled out on the massive amount of pillows he has, with little threads of drool hanging from the side of his mouth. His hair is all in a big mess, strands going this way and that.

Yet...he still looks extremely gorgeous.

His eyebrows are arched down in the manner that sharpens his already chiseled features. As his eyes are closed I notice how long his lashes are. They are very much like a woman's but I'm sure saying that would be no compliment to him.

Going even further down, I note the even roundedness at the end of his nose enhancing the kind of cuteness you would expect from a feminine person. His lips draw my attention even more. Slender yet plump, pink lips. I bite down on my own as I realize how he somewhat parts his lips as he sleeps. My eyes fall as thoughts of craving and lusts begins to slowly appear. For the first I notice the fine structure of his face.

Judging from his looks alone, he must be someone of importance. The lavishness of his room only supports my claim. So why would they allow someone like me, to be with him? Alone with him? Do they really think I would not lay a finger on him? He mumbles out something incoherent as he turns on his stomach and lets out a small sigh. Even he, himself is pretty lax around me.

I really just don't understand this man...

I'm sure if they knew my ranking they would not be so indifferent. I could only imagine what kind of " punishment" they would have in mind for me. Maybe another whipping? I scoff at this.

If that's what they call punishment, I would hate for one of them to end up as our prisoners, but we never keep prisoners. Somehow, the Alpha finds it inhumane. My head shakes at the thought. As for them...

I turn my head to look at the drooling man and his placid form only to be greeted by amber eyes staring calmly at me.The small amounts of green and grey specks can be seen from my distance alone. They are still heavy with sleep, but I can slightly make out the gears churning in his head trying to come up with something to say to me. He continues to stare until a small smile tugs on his lips catching me off guard. No matter how much I try, I cannot ever read him.

"Good Morning," He says softly with amusement lacing around his words.

"It's late in the afternoon," I say dryly back to him.

"Oh..."

As he makes movements to rise his fragrance wafts towards me. It's sweet, almost too sweet, but the smell of freshness and newness counterbalances it. I close my eyes for a brief moment only heightening his scent. It holds a tinge of a fruity smell but not very citrusy. A flower-like smell. . .it's almost blissful and relaxes me more than I would like to admit.

Once I open my eyes, I see him peeling off his shirt in a very nonchalant manner. Me being a were of the Eastern territories, it's not uncommon for us to see one another naked, male or female. I've never felt the need to turn around or feel some form of unease. But right now. . .the burning sensation running up to my face fills me with the urge to turn bashfully away.