61

hiya! I have work to do this week- so updates will be less but here's one for youuuu:)

Enjoy, happy reading and remember to comment- luv u all. xox

61

August and I pretended that we hadn't been arguing less than five minutes ago... and we both went back into the front room and retook our places.

Me by their feet.

Rayne was laughing at how I had snow in my hair and I was just throwing him glares until he smoothed my hair our with his hand and dropped my phone back into my lap.

I guess he had it all this time.

He also passed me back my glass of wine which had been refilled and I let out a happy sigh, leaning my back against the couch and Rayne actually reaches down and squeezes my shoulder reassuringly.

Everyone probably knew that we had just been shouting at each other.

I look up at August, almost for some weird sense of reassurance and he just seemed as if he tried not to meet my eyes.

But he accidently did. He nods. "Still here."

He said it sarcastically, as if I had looked too many times. But his tone, although cold, I knew he knew I was just- checking in.

I sigh and rest my forehead against Rayne's knee, going through my phone. Lottie is now moving onto the TV round. She makes like five second clips and we have to call out where the clip is from, what the song is, ect ect.

I am tired.

I just relax, leaning against Rayne and drinking my wine.

This is Rayne's time to shine.

August doesn't say much either, it's seriously a competition between Rayne and Ivy.

I just chill and pull my legs up a little.

Wine is nice, especially red wine. It makes me feel old. Christmas always makes me feel young. Which isn't always a bad thing. August's presence to my right isn't doing much to make me feel older. I don't know why, he just makes me feel so young and naive.

My hair is long, I never meant it to fall a little onto the cushion, but it has, and his hands had found it again. He was just absentmindedly twirling it around. I doubt he would be doing this if he knew.

God.

Everything he said. Everything he said got me so fucking mixed up.

He said he loved me then.

He said he doesn't know how he felt. That it was easier to just categorise me as a symptom of bipolar.

I swallow and take a sip.

If I was the same girl that left this town three months ago I would be slowly growing determined. I would want to show him that what he felt for me was not solely a result of him being manic. I would probably start this whole thing again.

I would want to fix this, I would try and be his friend, I would probably fall all over again and I would probably successfully show August that he can feel things. That he did feel things for me. That is what I would hope to happen. But. That's not going to be my story. Continuously fighting August Parker to enjoy my company. Persuading him I'm not too bad.

I am a treat.

Well okay, I am not at all the best person in the world. But I no longer find it... romantic to fall for someone when they are not feeling the same. It's so self-destructive.