10

This is sorta just a filler- like but I am just getting back into this hence the sorta strange chapter. Comments appreciated especially after writing breaks.

Happy reading,

My mum knocks on my bedroom door and I just pause mid-way through pulling my dress over my head. Ha caught.

"Yeah?" I call out.

"Can I come in?"

"One second." I say, pulling the dress securely over my head and I pull on Rayne's hoodie over me as well.

"You can come in."

My mum enters and I smile at her, sitting down on the edge of my bed.

"You going out?" She asks.

"Yeah I mean- it is a Friday night."

She nods and comes to sit down next to me. They still hadn't quite gotten over the whole Jam thing, it was a couple of days ago and to be fair I have enjoyed every slice of toast I have made with the Jam on, even though they both expected me to be sick of it by now.

Like I don't like Jam, but I honestly was impressed with mine.

"Who are you going out with?" My mum asks, her eyes trying to find mine and I just tap my fingers on my mattress unsure whether to lie or not.

"Um Rayne?"

"Rayne's working on a case with Jackson." My mum says immediately, and I cringe.

"Okay not Rayne."

"Emersyn..." She says softly, turning to look at me and I just sigh and meet her eyes.

"Yeah?"

"What's going on? Why is your dad so concerned over the friends you have made?"

I just shrug. She'll know, like he would have told her why he'd concerned. She just wants me to tell her and to be blatantly honest I don't really know why they're so concerned.

"Mum it's just a garden party." I smile, cocking my head to the side and she sighs.

"Emmy-don't lie to me. Like- goodness Em, I am never going to judge you for literally anything. But please don't lie to me."

"I am not lying." I stress.

"You lied about seeing Rayne."

"Well just because-"

"They're into drugs, right?" My mum says and I look up to meet her eyes and I shrug. I guess so. But like- that isn't why I wanna meet Luella and Trev, they are just good to be around.

"Have you done anything?" She asks.

She seems so calm.

"No mum."

"Are you going to?"

Her eyes are bright, almost a reflection of mine in colouration. But hers are filled with slight apprehension and clear blatant curiosity.

"No." I say. "Or maybe." I stand up. "Look I am just going to a party I don't get why it's-"

"Emersyn calm down." My mum says and I just frown at her.

I run my hand through my hair in frustration. They have been secretive and whispering and watching me all week. I don't get it.

"You guys... Can you just explain to me why you're walking on egg shells around me? Explain why you haven't been like no Em you can't go. I know that's what dad wants. I know-"