28

this is very very long lol. might end up splitting it up later down the line idk... anyway shout out to jamie__p because your comments last chapter were so honest and they meant so much to me. also I study education with psychology.

happy reading and I'm excited to read your comments. this chapter you guys will like or you'll hate me cos I tried to tackle a topic which may be controversial to write about from a white authors POV. so honestly if it's wrong or bad or anything. tell me. I just triedddd x

-

"Em?"

"Em." August whispers as he squats by my head, his hand on my shoulder.

My eyes open, realising I fell asleep and I sigh a little upset that he was waking me up.

"I am sorry." I whisper back, going to sit up and I take a look at him. He was wet still, his towel wrapped around him and I didn't even have the energy to make a remark. Like he was hot, he knew he was hot.

"It's okay. Sleep if you want to. I just thought I'd wake you up since I knew you were going to text your mum and dad."

"Oh." I mumble, reaching for my phone but admittedly lying back down.

I didn't have any messages from them and that made me feel relieved, at least they weren't worrying or anything.

I send mum a quick text, telling her where I was and then my eyes watch August as he too seemed tired as he walked around the room to grab some shorts out of his draws.

"It's fucking hot already and it's only half six." He says more to himself than me and I try to subtly move under his duvet, wanting to snuggle up despite him reminding me of the warmth.

Ignoring my presence, he slides his shorts up under his towel and I try not to gasp as he flashes me his ass a little, he couldn't give a damn, I was just snuggled up in his bed watching him.

"I can feel your eyes on my back Emersyn."

"To be honest they were on your ass for a second there."

He snorts, turning around to see just my eyes, the covers raised up high.

"What are you doing?" August asks, walking towards me.

"Sleeping."

He smiles a little and then kneels on the bed, unlocking the window and opening it wide so the morning breeze joined us. He looked down at me. "Are you going back to sleep?"

I want him to sleep. So I don't know.

My hand slides out of the covers and I reach for his wrist that was still close to the windowsill. Delicately I wrap my hand around him and I pull him down, not harshly or anything but he slumps down next to me.

And then I close my eyes.

He goes to get up and I sigh.

"August sleep."

My eyes open again, and he just is on his side, looking at me.

"No."

"Please? It's not weird. I sleep in bed with Rayne." Shit Emersyn that doesn't help. "I sleep in bed with Lue and with Trev like don't overthink everything."

"I just don't want to piss my brother off Emersyn, I already messed up a lot there."

"He won't know, just sleep, we aren't doing anything bad."

August gives up, relaxes sort of. Okay was I in the wrong here?

"Or I can go sleep on the couch." I whisper. "Sorry."