85

Just a continuation-

85

"You're staying?" Luella questions.

"Obviously."

"You-"

"Luella, kindly, get out."

August is very grumpy today. Not with me, he just tucked me into bed. But with Luella and Trev.

I close my eyes and immediately feel better wrapped in blankets.

"August." Luella sighs. "Okay. I've been giving her painkillers every four hours pretty much and she is only drinking water. I can't get her to take anything else. She had some soup today but I think that's what's making her feel so sick."

Oh god, why is she mentioning it?

I place my hand on my stomach, feeling my skin. I did feel a little warm to be honest.

August leaves with Luella and I am alone. Which sort of makes me sad.

I dunno why I'm sad. I didn't want him here until he came and now, I want him here and he's left.

I could message Rayne actually. Get him here.

That would be nice.

And I could cuddle him.

I reach for my phone and send him a message. But then forget as soon as it's sent.

And then I place my phone down on my bed and I cuddle into the blanket. Luella has taken my duvet away from me. Which made me sad but apparently, she was worried about my temperature.

I rest, and I sort of doze in and out of sleep for a while.

"Hey you need to wake up for me, just for a second." Leo whispers, he was sat on the edge of my bed, tablets in hand. "It's time for you to take some medicine."

"I thought you left." I whisper, confused. "You did-"

"I just went to get my stuff. I'm here."

I blink at him, slowly sitting up, August helps.

"You being nice to me is weird." I whisper, taking the tablets from him and he holds out for me a glass of water to take too.

"Emersyn you say this, but I have literally been nice to you for months."

"Mm." I hum, swallowing the tablets. "These don't do anything."

"They might be, who knows how sick you'd be if you stopped taking them." He says. "I was just studying in the front room with Lue, I am coming to bed now though."

"You should go home." I say.

"You want me to go home?"

Well no.

"I just-"

He takes the water away from me and places it on my nightstand.

"You need anything else?" He asks. I shake my head.

He nods and looks down at me. "What is it?"

I suppose I was staring up at him in apprehension.

"Things are weird between us."

He breathes a laugh. "Emersyn you are sick. None of this counts."

"It doesn't?"

"No the only things that count is when we're both fine."

I nod slowly. "So I can ask for a hug?"

A small half smile crosses August's lips and he nods. "Yes."