89

hiii 

I came back out to August who was bare chested and stood at the counter, dishing food into some bowls. And when I saw him, I couldn't help but smile. I just went and sorted myself out a little, got changed, stuck a nightdress on, unbraided my very very messy hair into soft waves.

I walked up behind him, placing my palms on his back and he chuckles. "You okay?"

I lean my head against his back, his skin, I place a small kiss there quickly.

Secretly.

He didn't even have to know.

"You tire me." I say.

He scoffs and turns around, opening his arms and I hate that I fell into them without even thinking.

"That was all you." He whispers down into my ear and I sigh, hugging my arms around him and August circles his around my waist tightly.

"I hurt." I pout, pulling back. "Sex on the floor hurts."

He smiles and shakes his head at me. "Come on, food."

I just let him pull away from me and he grabs my hand and also a bowl and practically guides my tired body over to the kitchen table and he makes me sit down.

I just watch him, I watch him be soft with me and It makes me so fucking confused.

Like why- why has he been so- open to me lately?

I worry, but then, he doesn't act like the way he did when I thought he was falling for me last summer, this wasn't mania, it also wasn't the August that was cold or moody or anything like that. Not with me.

I don't get it.

And I can't think about it more.

Because if I think about it more, any conclusion I might come to is just stupid.

Stupid and embarrassing.

Because. I. Can't. Do. This. Again.

But I have always been stupid, especially when it comes to this beautiful human in front of me, so when he comes back over with his food, and he nudged me to stand up, I don't fight him when he pulls me back down on his lap as we start to eat.

I sit there, on his knee, tired and drained but determined for him not to go yet so I turn my attention away from him and to my food.

I reach for the chop sticks whilst he uses a fork and I laugh at him.

"Why can't you?" I ask.

"Why would you when this is so much easier?" He says quietly and I pick a piece of chicken out of my bowl, using the chop sticks and I turn to him, lifting it up to his lips.

"It's just more fun." I whisper as he takes it, looking up at me, our eyes connected.

He squeezes my hip.

"Why'd you wanna be in control just then?" August asks and I feel the rose begin to burn in my cheeks.

Because he has too much control over me.

I continue to eat and Leo squeezes my side, getting my attention.

"I was thinking." I mumble, then turn to see him better, he holds my legs, gently moving his hand up and down across my skin.

"The only thing I know about sex is from what you teach me." I say quietly.

August let's out a breath, his hand sliding up my thigh distracted.