22

Hiya!! hope this is okay, it's sort of just - character building. Also shout out to sarah-barah because you are so supportive and I have so much love for you!! tysm and ty to everyone honestly. Comments as of late have bene freaking great and funny and honestly the more comments and the more I see people loving the book, the more motivated I feel.:)

Lying in August's bed this morning didn't feel quite okay.

I feel like I should be mad about the whole 'let's wind Emmy up' situation that happened last night, but I wasn't. Like we all know I didn't mind one bit, apart from the uncomfortable heat it fired up my body with. The only reason I was uncomfortable right now was because well Rayne's arm was over my stomach and his limbs were so freaking heavy and also because I know August wouldn't have been like that sober so now when I next see him it's gonna be awkward.

You know what, he'll probably be somehow mad at me.

Rayne is hungover, he's been drifting in and out of sleep for the past hour and I am just slightly cold and gross feeling. I also borrowed a top from August. Which as I hear the front door go I decide I'd get changed back into my dress and just look a mess that way, it was better than angering people.

I say this, but as I do get changed, I find myself pulling a jumper of August's on because quite honestly I am freezing. Leaving Rayne in bed, I hear their voices in the living room and I creep out, smiling in amusement as Trev was laying on the sofa, his head in Lue's lap and he looked in pain.

"Are you okay?" I say gently, getting everyone's attention and Luella smiles at me but then rolls her eyes down at Trev.

"He is hungover that's all. He's just being a baby."

August is quiet, slumped across the armchair, his head resting on the arm and the rest of his body sprawled horizontally. 

"Emmy I feel so bad." T cries, lifting his arm to me as I walk past and I catch his hand and give it a squeeze.

"Poor guy." I say, amused and he smiles, happy to get some sympathy.

"You hungover?" I ask August, testing the waters and then I watch in amusement as he winces once his eyes meet mine.

He looked slightly awkward, but at least he doesn't look mad.

Leo nods. "So bad."

"You're on a come down, that's easier than a hangover." Trev grumbles and I look at Lue to explain.

She just smiles at me, shaking her head and I nod. Getting that she can't explain right now. I guess it is literally just the come down from a high, right? Like from drugs.

"It's not easier." August mutters, closing his eyes and I take a seat on the floor, looking around.

I'll tidy up in a minute, I wasn't hungover and the boys looked like shit. Might as well help them.

August then lets out a little groan and he looks at me. "Where's Rayne?"

"Bed still."

"My bed?"

"Mhm."

"Where'd you sleep?"

I send him a small smile. "In your bed."

He nods, not saying anything and then he groans again.

"Are you okay?" I laugh, standing back up and deciding to get both the guys some water and painkillers.

I dunno if it will help, but I felt like helping.

"How do I get out of family birthday celebrations?" He mutters to Trev and Luella and Lue just laughs at him shrugging.