༄5

༄༄༄
"I've always loved quiet people: You never know if they're dancing in a daydream or if they're carrying the weight of the world."
-John Green
༄༄༄

"-John Green༄༄༄

AEMIN

The girl stood in front of me, her massive sword still dragging on the ground as she pushes her overly large sleeves up her tiny forearms.

"You sure you want to do this, kid?" I ask, digging my feet firmly into the ground.

"Of course, I'm not backing out now," she said, her eyes trained on mine confidently. "I'm planning on showing you my full strength."

"Good, cause I'm not holding back either."

"Maybe hold back a bit, like just a smidge-"

"Shut up, Haechan," I say, him sighing and sitting down cross legged next to us.

"Alright, try to stay in that area and not kill each other," he says, "And, uhh, don't kill me either...what am I forgetting- oh yeah, I'll step in to stop the both of you if it gets too intense, like an official sparring match. You may begin...now!"

The girl charges at me, finally lifting the sword off the ground, but I can tell it takes all her strength. Her oversized boots kick up dirt, and make her steps ill-placed. Because all of her strength is going into holding the sword, her movements are sloppy, and I easily sidestep.

"That the best you can do?" I ask, as she runs past me.

"Shut up!" she shouts, coming at me again.

I sidestep again, except this time I bring my foot down on the edge of her pants, causing her topple onto the ground.

"Ugh!" she shouts as she hits the dirt, her sword flying out of her hands.

And then she doesn't move.

I give Haechan a clueless look, only to see him daydreaming and not paying attention.

"Haechan!"

"What do you want- oh shit!"

He grabs her by her shoulders, turning her around so that she's facing the sky. A trickle of blood runs down from the center of her forehead, probably from hitting a rock, and she's unconscious.

"What did you do?" Haechan asks, raising a brow.

"I just tripped her!"

"Oh, yeah, just tripped her- it's not like she's unconscious or anything!"

"Well, you were the one that was supposed to be watching!"

"And what was I supposed to do-"

"Guys," Jeno's voice cuts into our argument, his hand massaging his temple. "I really don't think now is the time to be arguing. She's unconscious."