༄1

༄༄༄
"As long as you live, there's always something waiting; and even if it's bad, and you know it's bad, what can you do? You can't stop living."
-Truman Capote
༄༄༄

"-Truman Capote༄༄༄

AEMIN

There once was a princess.

She lived in a castle next to the ocean, constantly guarded and watched so that she could never leave. There were some people who would love nothing more than to see her dead, so it wasn't safe.

But she wanted to see the outside world.

So one day she snuck out. And of course she got hurt. Her guards found her, almost dead because of how much blood she had lost, but luckily she was saved.

Now she sits in the castle, staring out her window longingly everyday, with her beautiful doe eyes trained on the view in front of her, and her long, flowing hair billowing down her back-

Yeah, that's my cousin.

Her name's Rinae, and she's the biggest idiot I've ever met.

Even after I, her closest knight, found her bleeding to death, she still insists on sneaking out to go be by the ocean. When she can see it perfectly from her window. But apparently that's not enough.

You see, we have these stories in our villages, legends you could even call them, about a type of people known as merfolk. They live in a secret society at the bottom of the ocean, or so the stories say.

Rinae says she met one that night. I say she was delirious because she was bleeding to death. But, of course, she's stupid and stubborn, so she never listens to me.

I suppose if you're actually planning on sticking around to listen to my nonsense, that I should maybe tell you a few things about myself, instead of that idiot.

My name's Aemin. I'm the youngest child of the King's sister. Seeing as I'm technically royalty, it might not make sense that I'm Rinae's closest knight.

From a young age, I was interested in strength and fighting and those sorts of things. My Mom actually says she thinks most of the 'feminine' genes went to my older brother, Jaemin, and most of the 'masculine' genes went to me. But I say screw stereotypes we can be who we want to be.

Anyways, luckily my Mom agreed with that, and I went on to train and join the royal forces. Since me and Rinae are around the same age, and have been close since we were born, I was given the humble, honorable duty to be her personal knight.

As it turns out, the job's just a cover up for glorified baby sitting.

So yeah, that's pretty much my life. Running around and making sure Rinae doesn't get hurt. And I think I do a pretty good job of it.