༄2

༄༄༄
"The ocean has a life of its own. It's tides, whirlpools, currents, and eddies are a testament to its conflicting emotions."
-Anthony T. Hincks
༄༄༄

 Hincks༄༄༄

JISUNG

"Jisung, I need your help!"

I pop my eyes open, rubbing them with the palms of my hands as I sit up in my bed. Small bubbles float in front of me as I let out a sigh, looking out my window to see that it is indeed way past morning.

"Jisung, come on!"

"Coming," I mumble, sliding out of bed.

I try to swim over to my dresser, but turns out my tail isn't entirely awake yet, so I end up just falling onto the sand that makes up my floor.

I cough as some of it enters my mouth, then push myself off the floor, some of the particles flowing throughout the water with me. I give my tail a shake, light bouncing off of the scales and reflecting around my room.

A few more shakes and it's awake, and then I finally swim over to my dresser, rummaging through it to find a shirt. I pull one onto my body, frustratingly smoothing it down as the ocean tries to pull its material upwards.

I sigh, giving up as it never works, and then swim out of my room, the material of the shirt flowing along with the way I swim.

I find my little sister sitting on the ground in front of a mirror, half of her hair tied up with a conch shell pin, and the other half still freely flowing with the ocean.

"Jisungie," she whines, "I can't get this to look right."

"That's what you called me out for?"

"Yeah," she says, sniffling, "Can you do it for me?"

"Whatever," I say, swimming over to her.

I sit down beside her, a little floof of sand rising into the water before settling down again. I grab the conch shell pin, gently tugging it out of her hair. Then I gather up the rest of her hair, forming it into a small bun.

"Don't cry over this stuff, okay?" I say, "It's no big deal. You can just ask me to help."

She nods as I fasten the pin, it holding all of her hair together.

"All done," I say, swimming back off the ground.

"Thank you!" she shouts, wrapping her arms around the bottom of my tail as she does the same. "I'm going to go meet my friends now!"