Chapter 24: Planning And Promises

Start from the beginning

No one moved. 

Xizara sighed, lowering his head as he began to turn away from them.

"I'm in." Z spun back around, surprise written on his face as he saw Doc step forward. "I don't trust you or like you, Xizara, but I'm with you." He walked up to the Voider, offering him a hand. Xizara shook it, a small smile on his face as he bit back tears. The Flare turned towards the Hermits. "Come on guys. We are Hermits, not wimps. Stop crying and calling for your Momma because she ain't comin.  Xisuma is in danger but we have the chance to save him, and I sure as h*** hope I can count on you all to help us help him." 

Grian fluttered over. "Come on guys! Like Doc said, we are Hermits, not a bunch of scaredy-cats!" 

xB nodded as he came to stand beside Doc. One by one, the Hermits filed over, a new determination running through their veins.

Jevin looked at Xizara. "So Boss, whatta we do?"

"I... I have no clue."

~TIMESKIP~ 

The Hermits were ready. 

They spent the entire day preparing for whatever was to come. 

Cub and other netherite-rich Hermits gave those who had little to none as much as they needed. Keralis lent them any and every book he had. Tango offered everyone as many rockets as they needed while Jevin handed out elytras. Stress and Xisuma shared their potions so everyone had at least five healing potions and plenty of whatever kinds of potions they could get ahold of. Grian passed out stacks upon stacks of golden carrots.

(Yall I just got back from the dentist and I had a small cavity filled... The entire left side of my mouth is numb. It feels so weird...)

Every Hermit rushed around, sharing their supplies so, after several hours of preparing, everyone had full enchanted netherite armor and tools, two enchanted elytras in case one wasn't enough, and inventories full of rockets, potions, and food.

Biffa messaged Jess and Python, informing them what was happening, asking them to be ready if they get a panicked message from a Hermit at midnight. Both, without a second of hesitation told him that they were coming. An hour later, the ninja and the Anguis walked through the Hub portal, ready for a fight. 

The Hermits, new and old, minus Xisuma, plus Xizara, were sitting in the lounge coming up with a plan.

"I say we wait until night, that way, more will be asleep."

"I assume they know we are coming though, so no matter when we go, they will still be ready."

"This is a trap... They want us to come..."

Xizara spoke in his raspy voice. "Yeah, they do. And they know we are going to come. However, they won't expect us to be as strong as we are."

"A little bit of sparkly, purple armor won't surprise them. They will assume we are geared up, and will prepare for it."

"Yes, but we have more on our side than armor and swords. We have each other. We have a team."

Jessassin spoke up for the first time. "We have teammates that will look out for us when we can't." 

"Exactly. We have each other's back and if we work together, we can do just about anything."

Hels snickered "That is the cheesiest thing I've ever heard."

"Like something straight outta a kid's cartoon."

"Did you hear that from Paw Patrol?"

"Or maybe PJ Masks?"