Chapter 18: The Dream

I am really bored...

I have so much math to catch up on but I'm writing instead...

Also this chapter takes place the morning when xB and Bdubs head to the Market. They left mid morning and got back late evening and worked until after midnight that night (when the message comes through)

LEZ GO!!

~~

Word Count: ~2K

~~

TW: Blood, gore, gross shtuff

~~

POV: Xisuma 

~~

I couldn't sleep. I've been awake all night, terrified of the darkness beyond the wake. Everytime I slip into a slumber, I'm awaken by nightmares full of Xizara massacring the Hermits, repeatedly telling me I could have saved him.

It's always the same. 

(Please, if you have a fear of blood or grossed out by it, please do not read the next part! I do not wish to upset anyone! I will tell you when you can keep reading!)

I walk through the nether portal into the Cowmercial District, shocked to find all the Hermits standing in the town center in a semicircle, facing me, their faces completely void of emotion. I freeze in my tracks, confused as to why they are staring at me. As one, they open their mouths and let out blood curdling screams, terror taking over their minds, but unable to move. I try to run to them, but I am rooted to the floor, every muscle below my neck completely frozen.

Slowly, their screams turn to words

"HELP!"

"HELP US!"

"YOU DID THIS!"

"YOU KILLED US!"

"HELP!"

Tears come to my eyes as I watch them scream at me in horror. An evil cackle sounds from behind me and I turn my head as far as I can, only to see my brother stood a few blocks away. He looked sick, with hollow cheeks, dark bags under his eyes, grossly pale skin, and tangled white hair sticking up in all directions.

What terrified me the most, though, was the blood leaking from his tear ducts, dripping down his cheeks. 

"Isn't it beautiful, brother?"

"What are you talking about?"

"This," he gestured to the screaming Hermits. "It's the magnificent result of your negligence." He walked forwards, past me, and towards the closest Hermit, which happened to be Scar. The Mayor shut his mouth, sending me a pleading look as tears filled his eyes and spilled down his face. Xizara stood behind Scar, putting his dagger to the Wizard's neck. 

"NO!"

Slash!

 Scar crumpled to the floor, blood spurting out of his wound. He mouthed the word 'help' as the last of his life flowed out of him. 

"Remember Xisuma. You could have stopped this." Zara walked to the next Hermit.

Slash!

"You wanted to make me the bad guy, though,"  Slash!

"Naming me your evil clone." Slash!

"Not a brother and definitely not a twin." Slash!

"A clone." Slash!

"Nothing more than a glitch." Slash!