Chapter 23: Another's Dream

Hi...How you been?

My arm hurts like heck because I held my cousins ( who are 3, 4, and 5) for the first time in months yesterday. Before this corona stuff, I saw them at least once a week. I was even starting to get mooscles from holding them so much, but I since I wasn't aloud to hold them for months, I started hurting after like 5 seconds... It sucks.

I have been talking about them a lot recently...

If you can't tell, I love kids xD

LEZ GO!!

~~

Word Count: ~1.8 K (The chapters are gettin shorter TwT)

~~

TW: blood?

~~

POV: Biffa

~~

My mind raced as I walked out of the room, a smile on my face, tears staining my cheeks.

I was overjoyed but devastated at the same time.

"Hey Biff?" Xisuma's voice startle me. He stood beside the door, leaning against the wall. 

"Yeah?"

"I- I hate this..." I sighed as I walked to him, wrapping my arms around his shoulders. He buried his face in his hands, resting his head on my chest. I comfortingly ran my hand through his hair, holding him tight. "I hate having to lock him up. I hate that we can't trust him. I hate that he hurt me again. I hate that he hurt the Hermits again. I just want things to go back to normal..."

"I know, kid. I know."

"Will it ever get better?" His voice was nearly inaudible.

"I don't know. All I can say is I will not stop trying to help him."

"Why did he do it?"

"Because something is wrong in his mind."

"I-is it my fault..."

"Oh Suma..." I placed a kiss on the top of his head. "It's not your fault. You couldn't have stopped any of this."

"But I let him back in! What if someone had died tonight! That would've been on me..."

"Thankfully, no one did."

Xisuma pulled back. "But what if they did!"

"Why think about what could've happened when you don't need to? You'll only stress yourself out."

He was quiet for a minute before whispering, "Thank you D- Biffa."

I smiled pulling him into my arms, giving him a kiss on the forehead. "Of course." I held him for a couple more minutes before speaking up. "Why don't you go back home, okay? Get some sleep."

"But-"

"I'll watch him. He'll be okay." Xisuma sighed and headed towards the door. 

"Goodnight," he whispered.

"Goodnight kid."

Suma left, a rocket going off in the distance as he took off. A small smile was plastered on my face as I turned and headed back into the prison room. Someone had dragged in another bean bag into the corner of the small room with a blanket laying on top of it. I sat down, pulled the blanket over me, and let myself drift to sleep.

~~

POV: Xizara

~~

I was dreaming.