Chapter 11: Halo Steak House

HIYA PEOPLE 

I"VE BEEN WRITING ALL DAY

AGAIN

LEZ GO!!

~~

Word Count: ~2.6K

~~

TW: none?

~~

POV: Xizara (MY BBY)

~~

The hot water pounded onto my back, washing away all the stress and aches out my muscles. For the first time in forever, I relaxed. 

The water was turning brown as it ran down my body, taking all the blood, sweat, sand, and general grime off my body. I ran shampoo through my hair at least three times, and conditioner twice. I scrubbed my skin until it hurt and shaved my face, getting rid of the stubble.

(Don't ask me how he doesn't have a full on beard cause i dont know either)

After I was as clean as possible, I just sat under the water, letting myself enjoy this moment while it lasted. Eventually, though, I had to get out, and almost froze to death when I did. I'm surprised the water droplets didn't turn to icicles. I wrapped a towel around my waist and one around my hair like girls do. 

In the mirror in front on the sink stood a completely different person than I was used to. I was thin, all my hard work of keeping my body in shape down the drain. Bags hung under my eyes and my skin was three shades paler, making my many scars stand out even more. I sighed, deciding to just brush my teeth and ignore my thoughts. The only thing that seemed to have stayed the same, of course, was the one thing I was insecure about before. 

My gap tooth. 

I finished and got dressed back into the armor I always wore. Xisuma had cleaned it, though, when I was in the shower. My now smooth hair shined under the light as I brushed through it. I hate how long it is. 

I opened the door and walked out, back into the Clinic. Thankfully, Stress was the only one in here. She was putting newly cleaned sheets back onto my bed.

"Hey Stress?" She looked up.

"Hey! You're done!"

"Yeah...I was wondering, do you have any makeup or something that will cover, well, this?" I waved to my face, specifically the bags under my eyes.

"Oh! Yeah! Follow me!" She talked my ear off as we walked. "I was really pale when I was the Ice Queen," Not even gonna ask, "but I got a tan since I began livin' in the jungle! Me old makeup will work perfectly with your skin tone though!" 

(aint that a coincidence -_-)

She practically skipped to her bedroom, with me trailing nervously behind. Stress began rummaging through drawers that overflowed with brightly colored makeup stuff. "Here!" The Healer pulled out a bottle thingy of what I can only assume is some sort of makeup. Her fairy wings fluttered in joy.

Man, this girl is happy. 

She grabbed my arm and dragged me to a seat and pushed me into it. "I 'sume ya don't wanna full face right?"

"Uhh...no?" It came out as a question rather than a statement.

"Didn' think so!" Stress pulled out a pink sponge thing and squirted some liquid out of the bottle and began tapping it around my face, mainly under my eyes.

(I don't do makeup so if there is something that has to go before concealer or foundation or whatever it's called that you use to cover things, then pretend she did that first xD)