Chapter 6

Levis POV

In the morning I woke up and a head full of hair. Lacey. I smiled and nuzzled my head into her neck. She smelt nice. I heard Justin sigh and I lifted my head up. "You and I need to talk." He said and I nodded and stood up. We walked out to the living room and plopped down on the couch. "What's up?"

He shook his head at me. "Stop fucking playing her or get with her." I bit the inside of my lip. "I dont like Lacey like that." I said not looking at him. "Yeah right, I heard you last night call her beautiful then tell her you love her."

"I always say that to her before she goes to sleep."

"Dude stop denying it. Lacey is clearly in love with you and you just sit here and make her feel bad." I frowned. "I make her feel bad?" Just then I heard her soft voice. "Who do you make feel bad?" Justin looked at me and smirked. "Levi has something to tell you."

Her eyes brightened up and she smiled. "What is it?" I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out. "He wants to take you out on a date tonight. Then he will tell you something really important." I looked at Justin and gave him a forced smile. "Yeah me and you can go out tonight." I said nervously. I scratched the back of my neck and looked up at Lacey. She had the biggest smile on her face. "Really?" Justin smirked at me and I nodded. "Or even better he can take you out to breakfast and then spend the whole day with you." Lacey nodded excitedly then ran into the room.

As soon as she was out of sight I punched Justin. "What the hell man?" He ran a hand through his hair and chuckled. "What? If you didn't get her soon I was going to take her for myself. But she clearly loves you and you have been to blind to see it." I really have haven't I.

I should've seen it sooner. Then me being the dick I am, I completely just ignore the fact there was even the slightest chance of her liking me. "I know and wait, do you like her?" He chuckled. "Nah man, she is kinda like a little sister." I nodded and walked into the room to shower.

After washing my body, I got out and wrapped a towel around my waist. When I stepped out I wasn't expecting Lacey to be in the room. She turned around and gawked at me for a second before clearing her throat. "See something you like Lace?" Her face turned beat red. "N-no." I chuckled and walked over to her. "Are you sure?" She nodded and looked down at my lips but I ignored it. "Positive." I kissed her forehead and grabbed some black shorts and a blue tank top.

When I stepped out of the room Lacey was in simple jean shorts and a strapless top. "So are you uh ready to go?" I asked and she nodded.

Why was I so nervous?

My palms were sweaty, my stomach felt a little queasy and my heart was speeding up. "Bye Justin." Lacey gave him a thankful smile the Justin smirked at me. I rolled my eyes and followed Lacey outside.

"So when is your first game Mr. Quarterback?" She asked and walked a little bit ahead of me. Her hand was dangling by her side so I grabbed it and just started talking. "In three days. Also that's when you start little dance, gymnastics thing." She looked down at our hands and took a deep breath. "Sounds fun. I will be the one on the side line with the number 10 on my back with Knight above it." I chuckled and kissed her temple.

Why am I showing this affection all the sudden? Have I always done this?

When we entered the breakfast place we found a booth and ordered.

"So what did you want to um tell me?" She asked in a whisper and swallowed hard. "I wanted to tell you that-" I was cut off by the devil himself.

Laceys ex-boyfriend.

"Oh my god. Lacey, I haven't seen you in ages." He walked over to us and glared at me. He was the one who broke my best friends heart.

"Jackson, what are you doing here?" She said with an uneasy tone. I stood up and so did Lacey. "Here for the big football tournament. Maybe you could wear my jersey number again." He winked at her and I pulled her to my side. "Sorry my jersey number will be the only number on her back." Jackson chuckled and shook his head. "Lacey tell him to leave so we can have alone time." Lacey opened her mouth to speak but nothing came out. So I grabbed her hand and pulled her out of the restaurant.

When we got to where there wasn't a lot of people I brushed her hair out of her face. He brings back terrible memories for Lacey. "Are you okay?" I asked her. She nodded her head. I will never forget what he did to her.

I had walked into the room and found him on top of her beating her.

I pulled her into my chest and hugged her tightly. "Come on, I want to show you a place."

After about ten minutes of walking we reached a place where the beach was deserted. I turned so I was facing her. I went to press my lips into hers but she stopped me. "Levi wait. I'm afraid." I saw tears starting to work their way out of her eyes.

Laceys POV

"What are you afraid of Lacey?!" Levi asked with his voice raised. "What does it matter anyways?" The tears were rolling down my cheeks. Levis bright green eyes were now cloudy. "It matters because most of the time we have been here you have pushed me away, fuck we barely even talk anymore. You have been with Justin."

I took a deep breath and looked him in the eyes. "I don't want to lose you Levi. I'm scared of fucking losing you." He threw his arms up and mumbled. "Fuck this I'm done." He grabbed my waist and pulled me close to him. He bit his bottom lip and looked down at mine. He pressed his soft lips into mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck. He pulled away and swallowed.

"I'm in love with you Lacey."