Chapter 18

Levi's POV

I looked in the mirror and smiled. I looked like my old self again. My eyes were brighter, my five o'clock shadow was gone. I pulled on sweats, leaving my shirt off. I walked out of the guest room and downstairs. I saw Lacey lying down on the couch. It was now one in the morning. "Hey Lace. Did you tell your mom what happened to Justin?" She nodded and looked up at me. "She is praying for him but she is also upset about what he did." She said quietly. I frowned and sat on the floor, in front of her face.

"Are we good? Are we back to how we used to be?" She nodded. "I can't just shut you out." She whispered. I smiled and kissed her forehead. "Go get some sleep, you need it." She nodded and sat up.

I followed her upstairs. She stood on her tippy toes and wrapped her arms around my neck, hugging me. I instantly wrapped my arms around her waist. "Goodnight Mr. Quarterback." She whispered. I smiled to myself. "Night prancer." I turned and walked to the quest bedroom.

I laid down on the bed, slowly falling into a deep sleep.

I felt shuffling. I opened my eyes and saw Lacey. "Lace? What are you doing?" I looked over at the clock, it was three in the morning. She ignored me and laid against my chest. I wrapped my arms around her, holding her close to me. "I couldn't sleep. I'm sorry." She said into my chest. I rubbed her back. "I'm here Lacey."

She hugged me tight. "I know."

***
In the morning, I woke up with my arm draped over Lacey. She was still peacefully sleeping. I kept myself from kissing her. I moved the hair out of her face, watching her breath deeply. The bedroom door opened and there stood my other mother. "I figured she would be in here. Breakfast is ready whenever you want to come down." I nodded and leaned my head on top of Laceys. She moved closer to me, slightly shivering. I hugged her tighter. "Levi." She muttered. She was still asleep. I leaned down and laid on my side, facing her. Her eyes fluttered open. She stared at me for a second before hugging me tight.

"I'm here Lace." She smiled lightly and buried her head in my neck. I rubbed her back. She grabbed my hand and held it. "Do you want to go eat some breakfast?" She nodded and got up, already walking towards the door. I followed behind her. "Morning weirdos." Laceys mom said. She walked over and hugged Lacey tight. "I'm sorry about Justin sweetie." Lacey clenched her jaw at his name.

"So what's for breakfast?" A little girl and a man came into the kitchen. Lacey turned around and hugged the little girl. I didn't have a shirt on.

The man came up to me. "So you're Levi?" I nodded my head. "I'm Victor, Kims boyfriend, and Chrissy over there, she is my little girl." He held his hand out. I shook it. "Nice to meet you sir." He chuckled. "I'm an officer not a drill sergeant. You can call me Victor." I gave him a smile and looked at Kim. She just smirked and picked up Chrissy. Lacey walked out to the living room.

I excused myself and followed her. I sat down next to her. She leaned into me, basically sitting in my lap. It's not like I'm not used to this. She has been doing this since we were tweleve. "Can I tell you something?" She asked quietly. I nodded. "Anything and you know that." I felt one of her tears hit my stomach. "I think the only reason I didn't love Justin, was because of you." That stung for some reason. "Im in love with you but I think I liked him and I got in a relationship with him to fast. I was just stupid and I was still wanting to be with you, I just wanted someone there so I used him. I used him Levi. He took a bullet for me!"

I wrapped my arms around her tightly. "Lace, hey listen. Justin is a good guy. Yes maybe you went into a relationship a little to fast but that does not give him an excuse to hate you for not feeling the same way as he does." She placed her forehead on my chest. "I just want him as a friend. That's all I want now. I don't want him to hate me." I tilted her chin up so she was looking at me. "He will come around. Right now let's just try to be happy. Want to have one of our beach day?" She nodded and began wiping her tears away. She stood up and walked upstairs.

Victor came in and sat down next to me. "I talked to Justin after you two left." I looked at him. "What did he say?" He sighed. "He says he doesn't mean it. He knows that you and Lacey will get back together at some point. He doesn't want a relationship anymore. He just wants Lacey happy." I shook my head. "He could've told her that instead of saying he hates her. And honestly, I don't think Lacey and I will get back together." This caused Victor to chuckle.

"I heard you guys talking. Did you miss that part where she said she was in love with you?" My eyes widened. "She really said that? And I missed it?" I must be really fucking stupid. "Yeah Levi, you did." I chuckled. "I don't care as of right now. She needs to be single for a little while, she needs to talk to Justin before anything happens. I need to know that she will be okay." Victor patted my back. "You're a good kid Levi. You just made a stupid decision. Don't hurt her again, alright?" I nodded.

"Yes sir." I said sarcastically as he walked away. I quickly rushed upstairs and into the guest bedroom to change into some swim trunks. Lacey came in the room in her bikini with a towel wrapped around her waist. "Ready?" She asked. I nodded and walked over to her, kissing her forehead. "Let's go."

As we walked down the side walk, Lacey jumped on my back. I instantly grabbed a hold of her thighs as she wrapped her arms around my neck. "I missed this." She whispered in my ear. I smiled and placed her in the sand. She stood in front of me and hugged my waist. "I'm taking you to see Justin later." She pulled away from me. "Why?" I explained to her what Victor told me. "What if Justin is lying?" I shrugged.

"There's only one who to find our prancer."