Chapter 11

Laceys POV

I slipped on some comfy pajama shorts along with Justins shirt. I thought about him and Levi all the time. I constantly wondered what Levi was doing. Was he with Hannah? Was he thinking about me? I just always wondered what they were doing.

"Hey Lacey! You want to go to lunch with me today ?" My mom asked with a smile on her face. "Um sure. Is there any special occasion?" She smiled to herself for a second. "Actually yeah Hun. I met this guy a couple of months back but I didn't want to tell you yet but now I really want you to meet him." I ran over and hugged my mom. "Holy shit! Yay mommy!" She laughed lighlty then realized what I said. "Mouth!" I bit my lip and lighlty chuckled.

I quickly changed into Justins shirt, as well as some shorts with my converse. I ran a brush through my straight, light brown hair and smiled. I grabbed my phone, looking down at it. I read the message that was sent to me.

Can we please talk? -Levi

Now you want to talk? You missed that opportunity when I left for the airport. And I will not talk to you over text. Have fun with Hannah
-Lacey

I shoved my phone in my back pocket, frustrated with Levi. Alright Lacey, you need to be happy, you're meeting mom's boyfriend.

I ran downstairs and out the front door to my mom's car. She gave me a smile as I sat down. "So where are we going?" I asked. "We are meeting him at Elephant Bar. He has a daughter by the way. I think she is three years old." A little sister, cool I guess. "Do you know her name?" My mom smiled. "I've never met her but her name is Chrissy."

"I bet she is adorable." I was trying to make my mom feel good about this whole thing.

My phone buzzed in my pocket. Levi was calling. I showed my mom the screen and she nodded her head as I answered it.

"Hey Lacey. How are you?"

"Hi Levi. I'm not sure if I'm answering to my best friend or a back stabber."

"Lacey you're answering to neither, you're answering to your boyfriend."

"Oh we are still a thing? I thought you screwed that up to, and can you tell Justin that I will Skype him when I get the chance. I really miss him."

"I'm gonna kill him."

I hung up the phone and felt tears pricking at my eyes. I took a deep breath. "Sweetie, forget about him for now. At least you have Justin." I swallowed the ball that was in my throat and smiled. "I'm fine mom."

We pulled up to the restaurant. I stepped out of the car and held the door open for my mom. "Thanks Hun."

I followed her to a table and saw a decent looking man in his late thirties. My mom is thirty three, yes my mom has me when she was sixteen, get over it.

"Hi Victor. This is my daughter Lacey." He stood up and held his hand out for me to shake. "Nice to meet you Lacey, I've heard lots of great things about you."

I smiled at him and looked over at his little girl. "Hi Chrissy, I'm Lacey." She smiled at me and talked in her little toddler voice. "Lacey! Want to color?" She handed me a crayon. I sat down next to her and my mom sat next to Victor. "Sure. I like your shirt, it's pretty." She giggled and looked down at her My Little Pony shirt. "Pinky-pie is the bestest." She mumbled. I looked up at my mom and Victor to see that they were watching me.

"So Lacey, you do gymnastics and dance?" I nodded my head smiling. "Yeah I actually have a gymnastics meet sometime next week." My moms eyes lit up. "Speaking of dance, at your next recital, there will be scouts looking for talented dancers. So do your best." She said with a smile. I already knew to do my best, plus it's something I love.

"Dance!" Chrissy said along with clapping her hands. I laughed lightly and ruffled her hair. "Maybe one day I can teach you a little dance." She clapped her hands and hugged me.

I would be happy if this was our little family.

***

Justin's POV

I stepped outside on the sand, looking down at my phone. I was on Skype with Lacey. "Yeah he was really nice and his daughter is freaking adorable. You should meet her." She stood up and saw she was wearing the shirt I gave her. I smiled to myself.

She called a name out and a little girl came running over. "Hi Lacey! Is that your boyfriend?" Lacey laughed and shook her head. "No but he is my really good friend. Chrissy this Justin, Justin this is Chrissy." I waved to her. "Hi sweetie! Are you babysitting Lacey?" Chrissy nodded her head. She leaned into the camera and whispered. "She poops a lot." I chuckled at her response. "Alright Chrissy, that's it." Lacey said in a playful voice and started chasing Chrissy. I laughed at them.

Lacey came back a couple of minutes later, with a big smile on her face. "Anyways! How is everything there?" I shrugged. "Things are awkward with Levi, he still has Hannah here so that's no fun." Her mouth dropped open and I walked inside showed her them cuddling on the couch.

Lacey clenched her jaw. I took myself and my phone back outside and looked at Lacey for a second. She was looking away from the camera, her eyes glossy. She looked down at her hands and back up at me. "I will text you later." Her voice was shaky. "Call me if you need anything." She nodded and gave me a weak smile before ending the call.

I sighed and shoved my phone in my pocket. Levi walked out and glared at me. "Was that her?" I shrugged. "It's not your business." Levi's jaw clenched. "Lacey is my business." I stood up and looked at him dead in the eye.

"I think it's funny that you care once she is gone but yet you were just spooning with some girl you barely know!" He shook his head. "You barely know Lacey." I threw my arms up. "The difference is that I'm not with Lacey. And yeah you may know more about Lacey than I do but I know a lot. So go back to the girl that is waiting to fuck you and leave Lacey alone."

I walked away from him. "Fuck you to!" He yelled. I flipped him off but kept my back turned to him.

Then I was pushed to the ground. "Levi I'm not going to fucking fight you!" Levi picked me up by the shirt clenched his jaw. "Why are you to scared?" I shook my head. "I'm not going to fight your stupid ass." He punched my jaw. Fuckng shit.

I swung back. He caught my fist and punched my face again. I said I wouldn't fight him so I gave up and let him take his anger out on me. I heard coaches voice and Levi quickly got off of me.

"What the hell is wrong with you two! You came here to play football, not to box!"

I looked at coach and cleanched my jaw. "I'm taking this fucking season off. If he is just going to keep this up then I'm leaving." Levi spit. "Good." I stormed inside and started packing my bags, fucking prick.

Hopefully I can get out of here, just like Lacey did.