Chapter 16

Justins POV

The movie was over and now Lacey was stretching on the floor. "How the hell are you so flexible?" She smirked and looked up at me. "How the hell are you so cute?" I chuckled and sat down next to her on the floor. "Can you do a handstand?" She laughed. "Obviously." She went into a handstand and looked at me. I stood up and tickled her sides, causing her to fall out of her handstand. I leaned down and picked her up. "You okay?" She nodded and stared up at me for a second.

She leaned in and pressed her lips against mine. I tightened my hold on her and sat down on the couch. She lightly pulled at my hair while I held her against me. There was a noise upstairs and we quickly pulled away from each other. Lacey looked up the stairs as another noise sounded. Lacey let out a shaky breath. I placed my finger over her lips and looked at her eyes, telling her to be quiet. She nodded and unwrapped herself from me.

I stood up and grabbed a bat that was just laying around the house, thank god. Lacey grabbed her phone and watched me walk upstairs. I was careful to not make a sound. I pushed my bedroom door open and saw nothing. I walked into my parents room and heard a shuffling in the bathroom.

I pushed the door open and a tall figure searching through the medicine cabinet. He turned around and saw me. I hit his head with the bat causing him to fall to the ground. I quickly ran downstairs and saw that Lacey wasn't in the living room anymore. I ran into the kitchen, no Lacey. Then I heard a high pitched scream. I ran back upstairs and saw Lacey held against this douche bag. He had a gun which was pointing at Laceys head.

"Drop the fucking bat." I shook my head. "Give me her and I won't call the cops or anything. You're free to go, if you just give me the girl." He grabbed the bat and hit my head several times, causing me to fall to the floor and crack my head open. He grabbed my mom's most expensive jewelry before pushing Lacey over to me. She picked the lamp that was in my parents room and went to swing it at him.

Laceys POV

I swung the lamp and then a gun shot went off. The only thing that was wrong, was that I wasn't shot. Justin was laying on the floor in front of me. When I saw him, adrenaline rushed through me. I ran towards the guy and hit him several times with the lamp, eventually once on the head extremely hard, knocking him out. I ran over to Justin and kneeled down next to him. I pulled his head into my lap and cried. "Please don't leave. Stay here please. Don't go." I whispered. I felt a gentle squeeze on my hand. "Hey Beautiful, don't cry. You will be alright." He said slowly. I leaned down and kissed his lips softly. He gave a light smile. "I love you Lacey." He whispered before his eyes closed.

"Justin! Wake up!" Everything got blurry. It was as if everything was in slow motion. I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up and saw an officer looking down at me. "Come on sweetie." He said. I shook my head and held onto Justin. Paramedics came in and pulled Justin away from me. I screamed and cried for him. I felt the officer grab me and carry me downstairs. "No!" I yelled. I looked at the officer and realized it was Victor. I didn't know he was an officer. I calmed down and cried into Victors chest. "Hun come on. I will take you to the hospital." I felt an anxiety attack coming on. I tried to take deep breaths but nothing was working. I began breathing heavily and lightly shaking.

Victor went to touch me but I pushed away from him. I sat down on the side walk and covered my ears. I didn't want to hear the sirens. I didn't want to hear the doors close. I didn't want them to take Justin. I wanted him to be alright. After about twenty minutes, I was better.

Right now Victor was driving me to the hospital. "Lacey, I need you to tell me what happened. It doesn't have to be right this second but I need to know." I nodded and looked out of the window. I silently cried, replaying everything that had just happened in the last hour when I realized something. Justin told me he loved me, and I didn't fucking say it back. I feel how he feels and I have been wanting to tell him that. This only caused me to cried harder knowing that there was a chance he might not survive.

Victor parked the car, and we then got out, walking into the hospital. I looked down at my bare feet. I had no shoes on, but I don't care. I heard Victor talk to the a lady at the front desk. He turned around and pulled me into a hug. "We have to wait a little bit in the waiting room. They are going to get the bullet out." I nodded and hugged him. We walked over to the waiting area and sat down.

It seemed like hours before I was walking to his room. I sat down in the chair and looked at Justin. His head was wrapped from him cracking it open. I , placing a light kiss on his lips. He took a deep breath, opening his eyes. He stared at the ceiling for a moment before looking at me. "Justin! You're awake!" He gave me a confused look. "Who are you?" I lightly laughed. "Lacey? Your girlfriend." I said, my smile instantly dropping. "Who?" I felt tears pricking my eyes my eyes. "You don't remember me?" He chuckled.

"Lacey I'm just kidding. How could I forget you?" He said with a raspy voice. If he wasn't hurt I would hit him. Instead I walked over to him and kissed his lips softly. He moaned a little bit. I pulled away and whispered in his ear. "You're horrible." He lightly chuckled.

***

Right now Justin was sleeping. I held his hand and lightly massaged his knuckles. My poor Justin. This is my fault. If wouldn't have gone up those damn stairs, Justin wouldn't be like this right now. I leaned my head back and closed my eyes.

I heard the door open. I looked over and saw the last person I would have ever expected to see. In a cold but soft tone I said.

"Levi?"