√17 Regrets?

"Do I make you horny baby? That's my ego that you stroking. Nigga..." All the girls on the table were singing Doja cat's 'Rules' on the table at lunch.

Titi seemed particularly happy. She has won.

"Lewa you love this song. Why aren't you singing?" Stephanie asked.

"Leave her alone, she wants us to beg her" Titi hissed.

Lewa don't cry. Don't let her intimidate you.

I smiled at her.

"I don't like that song like that anymore. It's getting old but there's this new song called dignity have you heard it yet?" I turned to Titi with a smirk.

Titi rolled her eyes.

"Emeka baby, eat your rice now" she cooed.

"Keep rolling your eyes maybe you'll find a brain back there" Vivian attacked her. Vivian is the only person who knows what happened.

"Abeg let's go to class. You guys and your girl drama ehn" Jason laughed.

I picked up my spoon and threw it at his face before getting up and storming out of the hall.

**********************************************************************************

"The Economic system does not..."

What have I done?

Lewa this your anger issue.

Who sent me now. From what I heard Jason's elder brother owns the school. I'm leaving this school. Mummy is going to kill me.

I turned to Jason, he didn't look like he cared about what happened.

Maybe Im just being dramatic. Jason is not a snitch.

"Sir the Principal said I should call Lewa" a junior said  interrupting my mental break down.

This doesn't mean anything. He can be calling me for anything.

"And Jason" he finished.

Apparently he is.

I stood up taking a deep breath. You can do this Lewa.

The trip to the staff building was nerve racking. Millions of thoughts running through my mind.

What if I lose my Scholarship. I heard Jason's uncle owns the school.

What would Mummy say? Which one is 'what would Mummy say?' the real question is what would Mummy do?

I knocked on the wooden door to the Principal's office.

"Come in" his voice alone sent chills through my body. It demanded nothing but respect.

I stepped into the office with Jason trailing behind me

I waited a few minutes for him to speak but he just kept typing away on the computer like we weren't there.

I turned to Jason. He didn't even seem the slightest bit nervous, infact he was already sitting on the couch with his legs on it like he was in his father's house.

"Sir you called for us" I voiced.

He finally turned to us.

"Yes I did. I got a complaint from a student that you two got into a squabble at lunch today care to explain Mr Adeniran?"

"It was nothing big actually. Lewa and I had a little disagreement about something and I don't know what came over her but she decided to throw her spoon at me. I thought we were friends but ever since she came into this school she has made her dislike for me very clear" Jason narrated.