√1 Introductions

Disclaimer:

Before you start reading let me just let you know that if you plan on saying anything hateful or anything you know you don't want someone to say about your book you should probably leave now. Because I WILL block you. I WILL report your account. And I WILL drag you out. Thank you.

A peek into Lewa's Life

Above is a picture of Lewa. This is my first chapter and I hope you enjoy it.
You may start reading.
************************************************************************************************************

Why is my cloth wet? Ahan, is it raining ni?

I opened my eyes and saw Sister Shade holding a bucket over my head laughing.

"You better get up and go and peel yam for mummy and daddy," she said.

"Ooooh! What is it now; somebody cannot even sleep in peace in this house, haba!"

"Is it me you are talking to like that, do I look like your mate?" yes you do "Please oh! Did I call your name?" I said instead.

"Lewa! Are you still in that bed?" my mother said with her thick Yoruba tongue.

"No ma!" I lied and put my head back on the pillow.

I heard her footsteps getting closer, so I immediately jumped out of bed and pretended to be laying my wet bed.

"Are you deaf? Or you didn't hear me call your name."
This woman ehn.

"ma binu ma"(don't be angry).

"Kilode ti mi ni binu"
(Why shouldn't I be angry).

"Come on go and cut yam that all of us will eat this morning."

"Yes ma", I mumbled.

I don't know why Sister Shade cannot prepare breakfast. They have to wake me up from my sleep to do it.

************************************************************************

I am sitting in chemistry class and was trying to listen to the gibberish our chemistry teacher is saying.

I don't even understand this question.

"What is this man even saying?" Someone murmured from the back of the class, and the whole class burst into laughter.

"Who said that", Mr. Falana demanded.

Nobody answered.

"You guys will not talk abi, no problem".

"Assignment!!" he shouted.

Everybody started to groan and complain. What is wrong with this man?

I am not really an academic person; in fact, I was forced into science class by my mom and Sister Shade, who claims that my track talent is just a phase.

At least I manage to be an average student. Because mom threatened to not pay my school fees again if I fail any class and I don't think I want to be a dropout.

To me, the track is everything. I started to run when I was in JSS2 for my school. I didn't even know I could run that fast.

My school always takes me out for competitions and I recently went for a track and field competition against one of the best schools in the country, Royal valley High School, and guess who gapped all their runners?

I did!

Anyways, the school was impressed and suggested that I apply for the scholarship program. And that I did.