Home For Salem

Y/N POV

I collect the money from my contract then head off free from prying eyes. I turn into a giant eagle and fly towards my home. About halfway there the scenery takes a complete one eighty changing form a suburban area to a place that one would call hell. I spot a menacing castle in the distance and land on the roof. I spot a vent opening, turn into a snake and slither my way down into the ventilation system. I then turn into a mouse and scurry my way through the vents until I hear the sounds of voices.

I look into a vent and see four people sitting at a table and one ghostly pale woman sitting at the head of the table. The woman dismisses the other people and when they leave I turn into a cloud of smoke and float down near the door leading into the room. I reform into my appearance and lock eyes with the one and only Salem. She stands before beating me by a good five inches; we stare each other down daring the other to make the first move. She lifts me up and pulls me into her ample headlights.

Salem: "I missed you."

I smile and return her hug.

Y/N: "I missed you too."

She sets me down and we walk to her bedroom while holding hands.

Salem: "How did your mission go?"

Y/N: "It went well until some bounty hunters decided to ambush me."

Salem: "So that's what happened."

Y/N: "Yeah, if those bounty hunters hadn't shown up, I would have been home sooner."

Salem: "All that matters is that you're here now."

We make it to her room and the size of it still amazes me.

Y/N: "I swear, your room gets bigger."

Salem: "Or it could be that you are gone for months at a time and you keep forgetting how big it really is."

Y/N: "Maybe."

Salem heads over to a dresser and pulls out a set of clothes.

Salem: "Here, you must be dieing to get out of those clothes."

I take the clothes and begin changing. I take off my shirt and hear Salem gasp; I sigh at her finding my scar while she runs to me and looks it over.

Salem: "When did this happen?"

Y/N: "It happened over two months ago, so there is no need to worry."

Salem: *sighs* "I know, it's just that you're away for a long time," *sniffs* "And every time you leave I can't help but fear you won't return."

I turn around and give her a hug to calm her down.

Y/N: "Tell you what, how about I take a break from missions and we just spend time together?"

Salem: "You mean that?"

Y/N: "Yes."

Salem: "I like the sound of that."

I kiss her forehead and finish changing while she heads into the bathroom. I lay down on the bed reveling in its feeling. Just then the bathroom door opens and Salem walks to me in nothing but a black bathrobe with her hair fully down. She lays on top of me and locks our lips.

Y/N: "Why so affectionate?"

Salem: "You've been gone for three months, I think we are long overdue for showing our love."

Y/N: "Well then let's get busy catching up on lost time."

Salem ditches her robe and we spend all night showing how much we missed each other.