Wild Rose

3rd POV

It is a cold night in the Forest of Forever Fall. A lone woman walks through the tree line and stops at the largest tree in the forest. She sets the basket in her hands at the trunk and begins walking away when the sound of crying can be heard. The woman ignores the crying and keeps walking until she leaves the forest. Soon a female Beowolf hears the crying and spots the basket. She sniffs around it before using her nose to move the blanket and find a baby boy. The boy stops crying and looks at the Beowolf. He holds out his arms and the Beowolf surprisingly slings the baby over her back like a baby monkey. The Beowolf looks at the abandoned child and begins walking to her den to her other pups. 

*timeskip Y/N POV*

I yawn as the sun comes up and go patrol the territory. I suddenly smell unfamiliar scents and decide to investigate. I peek through some bushes and find an object with a red liquid in it. I grab the object and open it; my nose lights up as I catch the aroma of something sweet. I scoop some of the liquid out and I fall in love the second it touches my tongue. 

Ruby POV

I finish filling up my second jar and sigh seeing my job is done. I go to grab my first jar but get confused when I see it empty. I shrug, set jar number two down and refill jar number one. I close the lid and collect my jars when again the jar is empty. I look around trying to find out what is taking my sap. I growl and once again fill up my jar. As my jar fills I take quick glances at my full jar to make sure nothing happens to it. I smile seeing it still full and go close my first; I turn around and feel my left eye twitch seeing the second jar empty. I scream in frustration when I hear a very loud burp. I stare at my full jar and smile getting an idea.

Y/N POV

I finish cleaning out my third jar of the delicious substance and loudly burp finally feeling full. I look through the bushes and see another full jar. I recall the delicious taste and figure one more jar couldn't hurt. I set my current jar down and reach for the jar; I pull it through and begin digging in when I hear something fold out then hear a click and voice.

Voice: "Come out or get cut."

Ruby POV

I set the full jar down and fake walking away. I carefully watch the jar when a hand pokes through the bushes scaring me. It pats the ground until it grabs the jar and pulls it into the bushes. I hear the lid open then hear munching. I deploy Crescent Rose and aim it at the bushes.

Ruby: "Come out or get cut."

I cock Crescent Rose back when the bushes rustle and something comes out.

Y/N POV

I come out of the bushes and see a pretty girl. 

Ruby: "Oh, hi, My name's Ruby. Who are you?"

I tilt my head in confusion. She squats down to my level and places her hand over her chest.

Ruby: "Ruby."

I poke her heart and repeat what she said.

Y/N: "R-Ruby."

Ruby: "Yes, Ruby. And You?"

I mimic what she did and speak.

Y/N: "Y/N."

Ruby: "Are you a student?"

I tilt my head again not knowing what a student is. Just then a second girl appears and she has long blonde hair.

Girl: "Ruby, who's this?"

Ruby: "This is Y/N, he came from the bushes Yang."

Yang: "Do you live here?"

Y/N: "Yes."

Ruby: "All alone?"

I nod which causes them to look at each other then at me. Before Yang can speak a roar is heard and we spot a Ursa Major making its way to us. They draw some weird objects when I hold my hand out to them. I then make my way to the Ursa Major and we lock eyes. It roars as loud as it can trying to intimidate me. I stand my ground and stand upright making me far bigger. I then make a loud holler and slap the Ursa Major in its face. It acknowledges my dominance display and begins walking away. 

Yang, Ruby: "Woah."

I make my way back to the girls and they look at me.

Ruby: "We can't just leave him here."

Yang: "So what do you suggest?"

Ruby: "We take him with us."

They look at each other when Ruby looks at me.

Ruby: "Would you like to come with us?"

I look at her then at Yang and nod. Yang starts walking away when Ruby holds out her hand.

Ruby: "Ruby Rose."

I grab her hand and she moves it up and down.

Y/N: "Y/N L/N."