CHAPTER 9 - Four Years Of Basic!? / Barrier Of Soul Protect

Lazarus Fyre entered the room looking neat and tidy as always, carrying the smell of both medicine and flowers, a unique combination indeed.  He was startled by the sudden greeting but masked it so as not to show.  Σ(O_O;)

It was only yesterday that he was sure that he would be spending all the time alone after leaving the Sun Valley.

“Good morning master!” I greeted him cheerfully. (≧◡≦)

“Good morning Alara. Did you sleep properly?” He said in his low voice, keeping the bunch of things on the bed. I think these would be enough for now. It was so hard to choose kids item. Thank god for the vendor granny helping me out.

“Very well.”

“These are?” I continued while looking at the bunch of things, mainly daily necessities.  How thoughtful.

“Ah, well I saw that you did not have enough clothes and other items, so I bought some.” He said satisfied looking at her expression. She is such a cheerful kid. It doesn't look like she has gone through such a hard time.

“Oh? Thank you so much master!” I exclaimed.

“I have prepared the bath for you, get changed into these clothes and come to the kitchen.” He said while leaving the room.

“Also, the room next to mine is prepared for you, so shift there.” He finished and went out of the room. One thing is for sure. She is different from all the ones he had seen. And that is why I would guide her. Who knew I Lazarus Fyre would have a disciple one day.

╮(︶▽︶)╭

.........

While setting the table with the dishes, he noticed the presence of someone peeking inside.

“Come have a seat. I prepared you dinner. How are you feeling now?” He asked in his same low gentle voice.

“Much better master. Woah! Thank you for the food.” I excitedly said and sat down. Marvelling at the dishes on the table, she started gnawing at it hungrily.

“Slow down, the food is all yours.” He said chuckling, amused.

“It's been a while since, I ate such a good food. You are a great cook Master” I said smiling.

“I am glad you liked it” He said nodding, happy to see someone enjoying the food.

“So master, today will start from training?” She said. This naive girl, doesn't know learning magic is difficult but whatever.

“Yes, we will start the training from today, but first let me tell you something.  Magic is not something everyone is gifted with. Those who have the essence of magic, following are required to develop it and use it for mankind. Not everyone is privileged to have it. So, I hope that you will develop and use it wisely.” He said with a serious tone.

“Don't worry master, I understand it.” I said nodding, understanding the gravity of the atmosphere.

“Ok, then since it is your first day, I will tell to tell you the basics. You need to wake up at 5 am every day.”

What!? 5 am!? ( ´༎ຶㅂ༎ຶ')

Raising his eyebrows at my expression he continued. “After waking up you will do morning exercises including practicing martial arts & stances, afterward you need to learn medicine, history, arts & spell. After, you finish basics, we will start with advance level.”

“How long will it take me to learn these?” I asked hoping it not to come true.

“Basic usually takes 4 years, but it depends on how much you are capable of it.” He said rubbing his chin.

4 years! Are you kidding me!? ( ´༎ຶㅂ༎ຶ')

“Since, you understood now, the first step is to unlock your magic essence. Come with me” he said going out of the door; me following by dragging my feet, internally crying.

Outside, a small mat was kept under the large tree, which provided shade in nearby area.

“Sit down” he commanded me.

I sat cross-legged on the mat. Well, since I am already here, let's do our best. Here goes nothing.

“Close your eyes, and clear your mind. Feel the warm feeling that arises from your heart. That is where the magic lies. Circulate it throughout your body. Be imaginative.”

I closed my eyes and cleared my mind but I could not generate the so-called warm feeling he is talking about. 1 minutes passed, 5 minutes passed, 15 minutes passed, whole hour passed, and yet I am not able to feel it.

“Master, I am not able to feel it.” I said feeling frustrated while stretching my arms and neck which went numb due to the position.

“How is that possible? Every beginner is able to do at their first try. I definitely felt the magic from you.” He said looking at me with serious expression.

He opened the palm, and hovered it over Alara's head. Murmuring the Spell Of Test, a blue light glowed her body. He felt something. The reason why she could not feel the magic was because of restriction. Someone has used a restrictive spell on her, so her magic could be blocked and camouflaged.

A strong and rarely used one in fact!

One that is used at expense of life!

One of the most difficult spell of all - Barrier of Soul Protect.

Was it her real parents? But why?

__________________________________

~☆⚔Comment | Share | Vote⚔☆~