CHAPTER 8 - Soul Talent & Tree of Words

I woke up after a long good night sleep; got of bed and looked outside the window, streaks of sun ray's were breaking into the room, lightning it up. It was morning. Fresh air was definitely something I missed in the city. It was wonderful! (~ ̄▽ ̄)~

“It's time you wake up.” A voice suddenly commented startling me, now fully awake.

"What the hell!" I exclaimed turning around the voice. A boy of 12 years sitting at the edge of bed staring my face. Well, he is one handsome kid.

“Book spirit! Where were you? Also, were you sitting there the whole time?” I said pointing my finger at the place where he was sitting the whole time.

“One question at a time girl” he answered.

“Well, there was some unforeseen mistake while we were teleporting here and ended up getting separated." He said with a poker face.

“I just came here after finding you the whole time. It's so far from here. My legs are almost dead.” He said whining, now lying in the bed, in his original form.

“But how did you know it was me? Umm, my handsome face gave away” he said silently sighing.

Rolling my eyes I continued. “Did you forget that beside Master and Alara, no one lived here the whole time so, if any stranger comes here, it had definitely been you and also who can be whiney as you in the early morning?”

“Anyway,” I continued ignoring the glares coming in my direction. “I completed the first step, now I need to master all the arts from him so that I can continue the story.”

“And are you really useless? I don't believe that. It just doesn't add up” I said raising my right eyebrow looking at him now.

“Well, have a sit first, it is going to be a long explanation” he said patting the spot beside him.

I sat cross-legged facing him. We both have our serious modes on.

“Well, well. I think I forgot to say something earlier. Every person has some gifted talents. Some are good at writing books, likewise there are chefs, sportsperson, doctors etc.

So, about people, though everyone has their "imaginative sides", that's what we call it. But it depends upon how much it can grow. Some have to grow it, some doesn't have that tree growing in them, and some are talented since birth, and we call them Soul Talent. There are not many of them in this world. So, they have something called the “Tree of Words” growing with them since their birth. And your mom was one of them.  With every “Tree of Words” growing there is a guardian that is born along with them. How and why? It is unknown. So, in simple words I was the guardian of your mother's “Tree of Words”.

“You said, every Soul Talent has Tree of Words growing with them and a guardian is born with them right?” I continued.

He nodded.

“So, what happens once the tree holder dies? Do they also die?” I asked.

“That’s usually happens, when the fully grown “Tress of Words” starts dying out, the guardians along with them also vanishes with them, but when your mother passed away, the connection was cut but I did not vanish” he said looking out of the window.

Strange, why do I feel there is something amiss?

“Is it because of the unfinished book or the demon?” I asked.

“I, too, do not know of this, though this happened the second time, this demon thing, in the first case, the demon born was not this strong, it grew as the author was dying, in the process not suddenly, so it was easily taken care of it. Office is looking about the emergence of second demon.

Everywhere there are mysteries that are yet to be solved” he said nodding lost in his world. (⑅ ‘﹃’ )

"So, where is this Tree of Words? Do I have one too?" I asked him again.

He stared at my face for a while before answering.

“It is located somewhere in the realm of Books, about yours I do not know.” He said firmly.

“You do not know?” I asked feeling suspicious.

“Yes, I do not know. I was busy, did not have time” he said ending the conversation. 

Rude

“So-

“Are you going to ask all the questions you have? ” annoyed at my never ending questions. (҂⌣̀_⌣́)

“Are you in your fifties then?”

“No, I am 300 years old” he said startled, not expecting the question.

“How is that possible? Didn’t you said the guardians are born along with the tree?” I said widening my eyes. ( ͡ಠ ʖ̯ ͡ಠ)

“Reincarnations” he said firmly.

"Reincarnations?"

“Yes, reincarnations. Like every soul, the guardians also undergo recarnations but before I became your mother’s tree of guardians, I belonged to someone else.” he murmured, shoulders dropping, eyes saddened and dazed, lost in his memory.

“So, even if the author died, the tree that they belonged never died? And you waited for them?" I stated.

It must have been lonely and sad to see the one die. He must have shared quite a strong bond. Behind the cheeky face there was something so sad.

Wait, something is missing. He was someone else guardian before my mom. The ownership was changed? I will ask him about it later.

“It is, but she was always there, so waiting though painful is bearable. I just have to endure it.” his voice cracking only noticible to my ears.

The book spirit was startled by the sudden hug given by Alara. He was stiff for a second but was once again filled with the warmth that he did not feel since 100 years ago.

“By the way, why are you talking down to me?” He asked to cool down the awkwardness that lingered between the two souls.

“According to universe rules, it states that people over sixties are called grandpas” I said smirking.

“Talk down to me” he said looking aghast. ( ´༎ຶㅂ༎ຶ')

I laughed at it.

“Your master is coming.” He suddenly whispered.

“What!? Wait, hide somewhere! Hurry!” I said panicking.

“Why?” he asked amused by my panicked state.

“What do you mean by why? What will I say to him? That you are a spirit!"

"Call me, Enver from now, it means handsome. Also, you look really adorable." He said winking, and with a swirl he vanished.

Vanished? Remind me to ask him about his powers later.

I jumped from the bed after I heard a knock and master entering the room.

__________________________________

~☆⚔Comment | Vote | Share⚔☆~