CHAPTER 2 - My Aunt

She looked up startled. She always felt sorry for Alara. After the call came about the death of her brother and sister-in-law, her niece in critical condition, she was shocked.

It was only 6 months ago when their mom died and now this happened. She felt her other world collapsing. She was heartbroken but she was angry, angry at God for taking away her only brother. He was someone she always looked up to. He was the perfect definition of big brother.

Since, now Alara only had her, she decided to give her all the love. But it was not easy as it seems. Though she and Ben tried to do everything but still she felt sorry for her. The love Alara yearns cannot be fulfilled by her.

Those 3 years were not easy for her. The cheerful, loving kid suddenly became quiet. Since, she was the only kid, she was very much closer to her parents, it was hard for her. She was lost.

Alara always knew aunt felt sorry for hee, she understood it. After the deaths of her parents, they were always beside her. She also felt sorry for them. Bringing up the kids with another broken one is not easy. Still, they never complained. They supported and guided her. She was grateful beyond the words.

"How was it?" She slowly asked concern filled in her eyes.

"It... felt nice. Like a burden lifting of...I feel kind of relieved."

"That's good Rara, you did a good job, I am proud of you." she smiled at me.

"Thank you." I said.

"You always know we are there for you right? If you need us, just gives us a call." she said sternly.

"Yes ma'am." I said giving her two-finger salute.

Soon, we were joined by uncle Ben and Rihanna. I played with them for a while and bid them goodbye. I was at the door when I heard my aunt calling for me.

"Alara! Rars! Wait!"

"Oh, slowly aunt. What is it? I asked pointing at box of cardboard in her hands.

"I almost forget to give you. You left few things behind, I packed them for you." she said.

"Oh, thanks Aunt. You didn't have to do it though. You, must be busy with hospital and kids." I said smiling.

"Oh, there is something Amber left, it's in the box." she said.

"Oh ok, I will check it out later."

"Drive safely. Okay? And visit us soon again"

I nodded smiling.

______________________________

☆~⚔Comment |Vote| Share⚔~☆