CHAPTER 5 - Realm Of Books & Book Spirit

At this moment, suddenly the pages started fluttering, the non-existent wind started blowing. The words started jumbling and formed a small dark cloud which became bigger in size with both bright and dark lights shining, and soon surrounded the whole room sucking me in, before I could even comprehend what was going on.

I was standing in a middle of a big library, by big I mean it was endless. I couldn't see any ending to it, whether in front, back, or up.

There are hundreds no, thousands and thousands of books neatly arranged in the bookshelves. It was well lit, enough for one to marvel the beauty of it. One word- paradise. It was a heaven for a book lover.

But why the hell I am here?

"Hello young women! Welcome to the world of books!" A large open blank book came flying in front of me. What is it? A conversation box like in windows?

"Who are you? Where and why I am here?" I asked looking at the book.

"Me? I don't have a name but you can call me a..... uh...yes a, book spirit and also it is a pleasure to finally meet you" the lines appeared.

"So, book spirit why am I here again, also come out and stop playing games with me" I said getting agitated.

"Well, it has been a while since, I took this form. But since, you want me to see me I will do as you say."

The book vanished and in a blink of an eye, I was standing in front of a beautiful garden sitting area. It was big with beautifully carved pillars supporting the dome of the roof, with windows covered, surrounded by tall trees and flowers.

 It was big with beautifully carved pillars supporting the dome of the roof, with windows covered, surrounded by tall trees and flowers

"Well, this is my secret hideaway. I come here, when I am bored." I jumped at the voice to see a man sitting down and pouring tea, signalling me to join.

I sat down and looked up. The spirit, no the man, I had been lying if I said he was not good-looking, drop dead gorgeous. He was tall, fit looking, low cut jaw, with attractive eyes.

"I look handsome, don't I?" the spirit said winking and passing the tea towards me.

I raised my right eyebrow at its sudden shameless confession.

"So, when did I wish to be in a realm of books?" I asked curtly.

"Hoho...didn't you wish to publish the book your mom wrote before she died?"

"So?"

"So, what? To publish the book, you need to complete one. You were desperate, I granted your wish" spirit giving an enticing smile.

"What? So, you brought me here? The hell! Let me out"

"Not so fast Alara, didn't anyone told you, never to wish for something you don't mean?" The temperature suddenly dropped.

"What is that supposed to mean, speak clearly" I said. The chills ran down my spines. There are two kinds of things, people do when they face danger.

First, either one becomes calculative and thinks of different things in order to survive, even if it means joining hands with enemy. Or one who doesn't care about anything in the world and wants to face the enemy head-on and sadly, I was the latter case.

"That means you are stuck here my friend. Duh"

Why do I feel that it is trolling me?

"Who is your friend? Speak human!" I continued.

"Why are you so feisty? (⌒▽⌒)>'' Every book is man's best friend. So, I am your friend."

"......" My mouth twitched, before I can retort to this smartass,

"...fine, fine let me explain" he said rolling his eyes.

"First, tell me tell you about me. I am one of the book spirits that is stationed at this area. Our job is to keep the peace in this world. We help our aspiring writers, with their imagination and also help with their book promotion.

Not only that, we spirit have been around from a long time. Just like your human office works, this is also a kind of working office.

Now, when the readers found out that your mom was working on her new book, everyone became excited, we too."

"We too?" I interrupted.

"Yes, we too. Other book spirits, but most importantly me. I am her what do you call it?" it said looking at me expectant for an answer.

"Yes! A die-hard fan...Sadly, when she passed away, she left her work incomplete that caused a stir among readers. All those emotions were so strong that it gave birth to a demon, which is rarely seen."

Demon!?

"It occurred first time in 700 years."

Wow. My eyes widened at this response.

"Yes, after years of waiting, I finally heard your desperation, which was strong enough to pull you here"

"Wait, how strong is this demon. That you cannot defeat it?" I asked confused.

"We tried to kill it, but we came to a conclusion that, the one who is closely related to it, can only do it, and in that case, it is you.

That demon after being injured heavily, went missing. And we are assuming it is in the book somewhere. It really caused a havoc which disturbed the being in this world."

"In summary, I have to complete the story and defeat that demon?"

He nodded eagerly with hair bobbing up and down.

Why is it so hard to believe?

"I am not lying if that's what you are thinking. Anyway, you already came here so, you can't escape now." He said with a chuckle.

"Is it funny to you?" I asked irritated.

He composed himself. "Any other questions?" He asked again acting serious.

"I will be alone there? How am I going to kill something, when you failed? What do I need to do?"

God! What am I getting myself into? My darn righteousness.

"Well, I will be going with you for one one reason." He said showing his index finger up.

"I really want to know how the story goes. Therefore, you need to figure out all the things." He said patting my hand.

I rolled my eyes at this. Useless

"In nutshell, you are useless" I exclaimed smirking.

"I....my powers are very limited, in the book world" he said looking aghast.

One shot, one kill.

"Anyway, remember not to be killed, because I don't have power to resurrect you. Let's have a safe journey. Ciao my world" He said joyfully, suddenly sanding and grabbing my right hand jerking me towards him.

The hell! Hey! Let me think about it!?

Before, I could even make head or tail of it, I was enveloped in bright light.

My whole body was violently shaking, as if I was on a roller coaster. I was getting dizzy because of it.

Suddenly, it stopped.
_____________________________

☆~⚔Comment | Vote | Share⚔~☆