CHAPTER 4 - Mom's Last Novel

Carrying the box tucked under my arm, I punched the numbers on the lock pad. I went inside the room greeted by quietness. Sighing, I put down the box on the floor of my bedroom.

I freshened up and laid on my bed. My line of sight fell on the box that was on the floor. Remembering the words aunt earlier said, I came down from bed.

As I went closer to box, my body was filled with unknown excitement and nervousness. Maybe because it was years since I looked at it, which was supposed to be a gift. I fished out the book and settled on the bed.

The notebook though old was surprisingly kept in good condition.

Pondering over minutes I decided, that I will read it. After the world came to know about the death of them, other than us, the fans were also devastated. Like me they couldn't believe what they were hearing. I decided to publish it for those fans.

I took a deep sigh and turned the first page.

"For my number one fan, dear Rara" (⌒_⌒). I smiled as I read. I could picture my mom telling me this.

This time, I will write a book for you. Dedicated to you. Although that is always the case. Hopefully, I could finish it before your birthday. It would be little different from what you have always read. Something exciting. So, read it out to find it about. Enjoy reading!

Love Mom, your favourite author."

...................

I turned the next page few pages, it was blank. Nothing written.... Wait - what? The story is incomplete. What happened to the person? He jumped of the cliff? Then? Mommmm.....what happened next?

I immediately called my Aunt without wasting a single second.

"Hey Alars? What is it?" Aunt groggily answered my call.

"I am so sorry to disturb you? Were You sleeping?"

"No, I was dancing in the middle of night under the moonlight." She said chuckling.

"What happened?"

"Are there any other papers, left from mom's work last time?"

"Umm...No, I packed all of it and sent it over to your place. There is nothing left now. Why are you asking?"

"The book she was working on, it is incomplete it. I was wondering, if she wrote it somewhere." I said quietly.

"Oh dear, I am sorry darling....as far as I know she was writing it in that notebook...but you know what you should finish that book, you are good writer." she said cheering me up.

"I will see to it...I apologise to wake you up at this hour."

"Ahh, no problem. You can call me whenever you want. Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

Now, what to do? It is not even complete? How to finish it? What did mom wanted to do? This question will not be answered to her anymore.

My gloomy thoughts were suddenly interrupted by the voice,

"Come on Alara! Didn't you want to know the story? Fill the plot holes if you dare!" a voice shouted echoing around the room.

______________________________

☆~⚔Comment |Vote| Share ⚔~☆