40. Who is she!?

Vote or you'll be cursed;)

➵ ➵ ➵

Vihaan's POV:

It was six in the evening, I was sitting on the bed in my room playing a game.

"No!.... No! No, no, no, no.... Noooo!... Shit!" I angrily kept my phone beside me on the bed as I lost the game. I had been playing this game since twenty minutes for nothing. I wanted to throw my phone against the wall, but then I thought that my mother would throw me out of the house for doing that, so I suppressed my urge.

I laid down on the bed and picked up a pillow to cover my face. I tried taking deep breaths to calm myself down.

Soon, my phone started buzzing. Lazily, I looked at it - it was Maaya.

She is my friend from college.

"Hey! What a coincidence! I was thinking about you only!" I exclaimed, getting up from my bed.

"Really?" she asked innocently. I was damn sure she must be blushing right now.

"Of course!" I said, while cleaning my room. My mom had asked me to give her my dirty clothes for laundry half an hour ago. She would kill me if she had to remind me of it again.

"So, what are you doing?" she asked as I picked up a dirty sock before smelling it.

I made a weird face before throwing the socks in the laundry basket. "Nothing much, just... chilling."

We both talked for a while before she hung up saying that her mother was calling her.

I was now standing near the window in my room.

As I turned around, my eyes fell on my guitar. It was lying in a corner of my room.

Suddenly, my lips curved up in a smile as I remembered the girl I saw yesterday at college.

I picked up my guitar and decided to go to my backyard.

There is an open gazebo in our backyard. It has a table and four sofas.

I sat there on one sofa and started singing the same song that I was singing yesterday when I saw that girl.

chehra hai ya chaand khilaa hai
zulf ghaneri shaam hai kya
saagar jaisi aankhon waali
ye to bataa tera naam hai kyaa

(is it your face, or the moon itself shining,
is it your hair, or a dark evening itself?
O one with eyes (deep) like the sea,
at least tell me what your name is.)

tu kya jaane teri khaatir
kitna hai betaab ye dil
tu kya jaane dekh raha hai
kaise kaise khwaab ye dil

(you have no idea
how restless this heart is, for you.
you have no idea
what kind of dreams my heart is dreaming.)