4. Do You Love Someone Else?

Vote or you'll be cursed ;)

➵ ➵ ➵

"Karan, its enough yarr!... Put your phone down!" Satvik said to Karan, almost in an annoyed tone.

"Bro, please yarr, at least you understand!.. You know na, how much less time Pari gets to talk to me because of her studies!... Long distance relationship is just too difficult yarr!... I miss her!" Karan whined.

"Yeah, but -" Before Satvik could say anything further, a hand on his shoulder made him stop.

Satvik looked at the hand and then up at the face of the owner of the hand. She gave him a wide smile before saying, "It's okay Satvik. Let him talk. He misses her. Besides, I am here for you,"

Satvik narrowed his eyes while she slowly removed her hand from his shoulder.

Satvik had come to the fashion show with Karan and Himanshi.
Karan is his friend and Himanshi is their junior.

Although, he didn't wanted to come but when Shiv forced him, he could not say no to his best friend.

Karan had been busy with his mobile phone the whole time. He was chatting with his girlfriend who lives in Mumbai. Although Satvik didn't mind because he understood that long distance is not easy but still he was getting a little annoyed.

On the other hand, Himanshi was making him uncomfortable by acting too sweet.

Although, she was always sweet to him but today was different.

As he thought of an excuse to leave Karan spoke, "Guys please excuse me."

"What? Why? Where are you going?" Satvik asked quickly.

"My girl is calling! I need to take this." Karan said excitedly showing the phone screen to them.

"Hey! Wait! Listen! Karan!" Satvik tried to stop him.

Karan was gone, leaving Satvik alone with Himanshi. This made Satvik feel even more uncomfortable.

He regretted bringing her with them. He wanted to go home so bad.

As Satvik saw Karan disappearing in the darkness, his heart wept. He turned around only to find Himanshi staring at him and as their eyes met she blushed and looked away.

Satvik gave a confused look then shook his head and said, "Himanshi, why don't you call your friends, they must have arrived by now, it's already been an hour."

"No..." he looked at her in confusion and she continued, "I mean, I can't leave you alone."

"No! No! No! That's absolutely fine. I mean I'm good, don't worry about me, you can go. Really!"

"But I don't wanna go."

These libes were enough to make Satvik realize what she was trying to say. His brain and heart were telling him not to say anything but his lips didn't cooperate, "Why?"

He instantly regretted it, when her expressions became serious.

"Because.... because I wanna be with you." Himanshi said slowly.

"Okayy, then be with me." Satvik said with a confused expression on his face and regretted saying it.

"Nooo! I mean...... I mean, I wanna BE with you."

"Yeah I heard you, and I said be with me..."

He said after a pause, he realized where this was going but didn't know what to do.

"Noo! That's not what I mean.... Satvik, don't you get it!?" she paused and gathered all the courage before confessing, "I LOVE YOU!"

Satvik was dumbfounded, although he already knew what was coming but he didn't know that she would actually say it.

His body froze, he could not understand what to do. He didn't want to hurt her but he also didn't want to give her false hope.

She was looking at him with hope in her eyes. She was his really good friend but he never felt that way for her.

"Himanshi..... Look.... I'll be straight and honest with you.... I'm sorry, but I don't feel the same way. Look..... you are an amazing girl, I have never seen anyone.... as cute as you and as caring as you but I'm sorry...... I'm not the one for you. You deserve someone better..... so much better.... And, I am not saying this just because I feel bad for you! No, I mean it!.... Please, don't waste your time on me.....You are very smart, I hope you would understand." Satvik didn't know what else to say, he didn't know why but he felt guilty.

She looked like as if she would start crying, any moment. He brushed her long dark hair from her face and caressed her cheek in an effort to calm her.

"I'm sorry," he whispered before pulling his hand away.

He stared at her awkwardly as she was looking down at the ground. He took a sigh and turned around to walk away.

His walking came to a halt after a few steps when he heard a question he still wasn't ready to answer.

"Do you love someone else?"

Satvik's body stiffened by that question. He wanted to deny it, but he couldn't. He stood there silently lost in his thoughts.

She was right. He had been trying, not to think about her but Himanshi's question again made him miss her.... even more.

He actually loved someone, his heart ached as he remembered the last time he saw her. It was just six months ago.

He remembered how she ignored him and how difficult it was for him to act normal like nothing is wrong.

He didn't turned around. At this point, he even forgot that Himanshi was still standing there waiting for his answer.

His mind was only thinking about her, the time he spent and the memories he made with her. Some made him smile and some made him frown.

"I'll take your silence as a yes." she said finally after a long silence before turning around to leave.

➵ ➵ ➵

Himanshi
Played by: Sanjana Sanghi

HimanshiPlayed by: Sanjana Sanghi

Comment ;) 💬