23. Are You Happy?!

(continued.....)

Satvik's POV:

The next day the teacher was explaining a topic to Mohit which I had already studied.

"Excuse me, Mam? Can you please explain me this question?" I heard Yashvi say to the teacher.

I looked up at her before looking back at my notebook. I was busy studying commerce when my tuition teacher said to me, "Satvik, can you please explain, Yashvi, this question? I need to teach Mohit."

After hearing what the teacher said, I looked at Yashvi who was sitting beside me.

"Yeah! Sure, why not." I said.

I took the book from her and explained the sum.

Many few people know this but I am actually really good in Accounting.

I gave her a similar question and asked her to solve it to check if she understood or not.

While she was doing her question I looked at her text book and then looked up at her face.

She looked so calm, I could not help but stare at her face.

After doing her question and checking the answer a smile curved up on her lips.

"Got it!" she looked up at me while showing her textbook.

I came back to my senses and looked at her textbook. "Great!"

"Thank you!" she said with a smile on her lips.

"Mention not..." I replied.

We both smiled at each other and went back to our studies.

Then, I went a little closer to her ear and whispered, "By the way, the another girl..... Is she in your school?"

"Who, Tara? Yeah. She's my classmate and best friend too. Why?" she asked.

"Nothing. Just curious why she's absent on like just the second day. Is she not well or is she leaving already?" I replied casually.

"No, not at all. Her grandma is sick." she said.

"Ohh!" I replied.

Then we both again went back to studying.

After that day I started helping her with accounting and slowly we became good friends.

Mohit, Tara and I became friends too. We started hanging out together after tuition.

Few months later, I invited Yashvi and Tara to my birthday party where she met my Dad, friends and girlfriend, Raadha.

She was very shy and quiet around everyone but everyone liked her.

I met Yashvi's mother, Ms. Meera Sharma on her birthday party.

She owns one of the best restaurants of our city and that is why she cooks delicious food.

She was a single parent after her husband divorced her.

She was very sweet & had a great sense of humor.

Days turned into months and our friendship grew more stronger.

Yashvi was an introvert and didn't talked much but with me, she was different.

Soon, we became best friends.

We often go on trekking and camping.

One day my father came to my room to tell me something.

I stood in front of him confused since he had been quiet this whole time.

"Dad? It has been like fifteen minutes.....What is it? Say something!" I said.

For the first time in the history of mankind, my dad was being shy!

But eventually he closed his eyes and said, "I have found someone and..... I want to get married!"

My eyes went wide in surprise and my lips curved up in a smile.

"What?! Seriously?! Oh God, Dad! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!" I said happily and hugged him.

As I broke the hug my dad said, "Aren't you going to ask who she is?"

"Of course!...." I said and waited for his reply.

"Yashvi's Mom,"

As I heard my Dad say those words my happiness doubled.

"Wha-What? Really?!... That's even more amazing!.... Does, Yashvi, knows?" I asked excitedly.

He looked at his wrist watch and said, "Probably.... by now,"

I hugged my dad again and said after breaking the hug, "I'm really happy for you!"

He just smiled and patted my cheeks.

"Thank you!" he said slowly and I shook my head.

As he left the room, I ran towards the balcony and dialed Yashvi's number.

"Hello..." I said.

"Yeah! What's up?" she replied.

"Nothing much..... Did your mom tell you something?" I asked.

"Yes," she replied after a pause.

"So, are you happy?" I asked.

She went silent for a few seconds and then said, "Are you happy?"

"Happy?! I'm am more than happy!" I said excitedly.

"Then I'm happy too!", she said and I smiled.

➵ ➵ ➵

Author's note:

Satvik and Yashvi have a long past..... I hope you enjoy it 🌼❤❤...

Hope you are enjoying reading it!

English is not my language so please don't judge.
If you want me to continue than please comment and vote for me.... 💕💕💕

Thank You So Much For Reading!!! ❤❤🙏