19. He Still Likes Her!

➵ ➵ ➵

Shiv's POV:

NEXT DAY:

It was Friday and 6 in the morning.

I and Satvik were in college. We had come there for the selection of the new players for the basketball team.

Satvik is the captain, that is why it's his responsibility and I was helping him cause I am a great player too. And I am not bragging!

The fresher boys who wanted to be on the team were playing in teams, showing off their skills.

I and Satvik were standing in a corner and watching everyone carefully.

Then, suddenly I noticed a familiar face sitting on the stairs near the basketball court - it was Vartika

I narrowed my eyes at her as I thought,

'What is she doing here? Is she in our college?'.

She was carefully watching the boys playing basketball but then I noticed that she was watching a particular guy.

I looked at the boy, he was busy playing basketball. I narrowed my eyes at him, he was not the guy from the wedding yesterday.

I switched my sight between Vartika and the guy.

He was playing the best basketball among the rest of the boys.

'Is he her boyfriend? or friend?' He is definitely not the brother type!', I thought.

Then I shook my head to remove that thought out of my mind.

'Why do I care?', I thought and shook my head slowly.

I again started watching the boys playing basketball.

But still I don't know why but I glanced at her from time to time.

She did not even notice me cause she was busy looking at the other guy.

As I stared at her face once again I realized how much she has grown up.

Her hair which used to be black and straight were now brown and curly.

Her face had changed a lot, though I could still recognize her but she looked different. She had become more prettier and cute.

I did not understand why but the way she was looking at the guy made me feel bad.

She was watching him so intently and everytime he made a goal she smiled so widely.

I remembered the time I saw her yesterday. The smile that she gave me was the most beautiful smile I have ever seen!

After an hour, finally Satvik blew a whistle, signalling everyone to stop.

All the boys stood in front of us in a vertical line and Satvik said, "Ok boys. That's it for today. I watched all of you and I must say you all played very well. But we need some time to decide. We'll let you know the final results after discussing with the team. So you all can go. We'll see you guys later, Byee."

All the boys said thank you and scattered around.

Satvik gave them a smile and suddenly noticed Vartika and asked me, "Hey isn't that the girl you bumped into yesterday?"

I looked at him and then at Vartika and saw the 'Not brother type!' guy walking towards her.

She was smiling at him and as he reached closer, she gave him the bottle of water she had in her hand and patted his shoulder.

I shook my head slowly and turned to look at Satvik.

"Yeah! She is." I said slowly.

"Hmm..... Is she in our college?" Satvik inquired while packing his stuff.

"I don't know, fresher maybe."

"Hmm..... Anyways, I am tired. Let's go rest and have something."

"Yeah, let's go."

We started walking away and after a few steps I stopped and turned around and saw Vartika and that guy walking away, smiling and talking.

I narrowed my eyes at them but then shook my head and walked away after turning around.

'Do I still like her?', I thought.

➵ ➵ ➵

Third Person's POV:

"Where's Kaushik's assignment?" Aarushi asked out of nowhere, making Raadha look up at her.

Raadha and Aarushi were sitting in class. Karan was collecting everyone's assignment.

"I don't know." Raadha said.

"What? But today is the last day?" Aarushi said in a voice full of concern.

"I know." Raadha said and started thinking.

'If he wants to ignore me, that's fine! But at least submit your assignment!', she thought.

Raadha knows that Kaushik didn't come college today because he knew that she would try to talk to him.

'He should have at least given his assignment to someone!', she thought.

"If he was not able to complete his assignment, then at least he should have told me. I would have helped him!" Aarushi said.

They both were startled when suddenly Karan said, "I have his assignment."

He was now standing in front of their table.

"What?" Aarushi asked a little surprised.

"Yeah! He came to my house yesterday and gave me his assignment. He told me that he wouldn't be able to attend college tomorrow that is, today." Karan said casually taking their assignment from the table.

"Oh!" Aarushi said while thinking something. Karan left after taking their assignment.

Raadha didn't say anything, she knew why he was doing this.

"Why did he gave his assignment to Karan and not us?" Aarushi asked Raadha.

"How would I know! Maybe he didn't want to bother us." Raadha lied.

"Seriously, we are his friends! Why would we get bothered?" Aarushi said.

"I don't know! We'll talk to him about this later! Okay!"

As Aarushi opened her mouth to say something, the teacher started teaching, not letting Aarushi speak anymore.

Raadha felt relieved. Now, she wanted to talk to Kaushik as soon as possible and sought out everything.

➵ ➵ ➵

Thank you ❤

Now vote;)

Don't be a silent reader,
Comment 💬