21. Brainwashed (Part - 2)

Please vote;)

Please vote;)

➵ ➵ ➵

Kaushik went silent and started staring at the floor.

Raadha looked at him, she could feel how sad he was.

She tried to find right words to console him and tell him that it's not true when suddenly she remembered something.

Her expressions changed as suspicion grew in her mind.

Raadha kept thinking for a few minutes and then sat next to him on the bed, eyebrows creased still in suspicion.

"Kaushik! What did you say? Who took you to the fair?", she asked slowly.

"Rohan.", Kaushik said still looking at the floor.

".... and to the fortune teller... did you go by yourself or he told you to?", she asked again.

"I didn't believe in such things so I didn't wanted to but Rohan and his friends said that it would be fun.... so I did..... But why are you asking?", he replied.

That was it. Raadha understood everything. She gritted her teeth in anger and clenched her fist.

Kaushik noticed this and asked innocently, "What's wrong? Are you angry at me?"

Raadha looked at him still angry and spoke, "Kaushik! Do you even know what's happening? How can you be so naive?"

Kaushik stared at her confused and asked, "What do you mean?"

"Are you that stupid?! Can't you see.... Rohan brainwashed you!" Raadha said in disbelief.

Rohan is Kaushik's cousin brother. He is a spoiled brat. His father is a rich businessman. And his mother was more interested in parties than looking after her son.

Kaushik narrowed his eyes at her and said, "What are you saying?... He is my cousin!... Why would he do that?"

"Because he likes Aarushi!", Raadha said.

"What?"

"Yes!..... last year when he came here for your birthday..... he met her and started liking her.... then he proposed her on your birthday but... she said no.... he said that it was okay, but from as much as I had heard about him from you, I knew he would not back off so easily..... and that's what he did." Raadha replied.

Kaushik's eyes swelled upon hearing that. He had never thought that his brother would do this to him, just for a girl. If it were him, he would have never done that, he would have simply sacrificed his love for his brother.

Kaushik shut his eyes in disappointment. He had always known that Rohan was jealous of him.

He never used to even talk to him nicely. And when he suddenly became so sweet to him, Kaushik felt something was wrong but he didn't paid much attention to his conscience. He was just happy that Rohan changed.

He said after opening his eyes, "I should have known...... Rohan can never change!! I can't believe it..... I am such a big fool!.... How could I let him manipulate me like that?!.... "

Kaushik clenched his fist in anger and took his phone from Raadha's hand.

Raadha kept staring at him confused as he dialed Rohan's number.

But before he could bring the phone to his ear she snatched it from him and hung up the call.

"Are you crazy!?...... The last thing Aarushi would want to happen is you fighting with your cousin because of her!" Raadha said.

"Then, what should I do?", Kaushik asked angrily and definitely not on her.

Raadha didn't say anything and kept staring at him.

Kaushik looked at her with poker face and said, "What happened?"

"What happened!?...", she paused and said after taking a little sigh, ".... Do you have any idea.... how I have felt..... how worried I was because of you....... Even if it were not Rohan, how could you let yourself believe in such stupid superstition.... Kaushik, you are an educated person.... you have a mind of your own.... Look, I understand that when we are in love, we never want to hurt the person we love, and that is why our brain leads us to believe in these stupid things... because we are scared,.... we are scared of everything and above all we are scared of losing someone we love so much... But the thing is that you could have at least talked to me..... I'm so disappointed in you!...." Raadha said pouring all her anger out.

Kaushik listened to Raadha quietly without saying anything because he knew she was right.

He started looking down at the floor and after a few minutes, looked up at her and then said apologetically, "I'm sorry... I'm really sorry for being such an... idiot! I know, I bothered you so much just because of my stupid myth. I should have at least talked to you about it. I'm really sorry!"

Raadha was still angry. She did not say anything. Kaushik quietly waited for her to respond. He did not say anything else because knowing Raadha, he knew that it would ignite her anger even more.

After calming herself down Raadha finally spoke, "It's ok. I understand. I forgive you..... Sorry, if I overreacted...."

"No!... not at all.... whatever you said is absolutely correct.", Kaushik said quickly.

Raadha stared at him for a few seconds and then smiled and said, "It's okay, you have full rights to bother me. Just don't repeat it again!"

"Never!", Kaushik assured her.

Raadha smiled and continued, "I am so happy that finally you and Aarushi are going to be together.... Oh God! I'm so proud of myself!"

Kaushik gave her a wide smile. He felt very happy as he realized how stupid he was to believed in these things.

He was very happy! Now he will finally be able to tell about his feelings to Aarushi.

➵ ➵ ➵

Thank you ❤

Now vote;)

Don't be a silent reader,
Comment 💬