32. Saloni's concern

Vote or you'll be cursed;)

➵ ➵ ➵

Isha's POV:

Standing in front of the full body mirror, I stared at my reflection.

I was in my bedroom getting ready for the party tonight.

The door of the bathroom pulled open and Saloni came out.

She was looking down while fixing her dress and when she looked up and saw me, her eyes went wide in excitement.

"Whoa! You look stunning!", she said.

"Thanks!... Wish I could say that about you too!", I said and her mouth fell open in surprise.

She scoffed a little, shook her head and said, "Witch!".

I laughed at her reaction and said, "Just kidding yarr! You look stunning too!".

She just smiled and shook her head.

Then she picked the pillow and sat on the bed. She kept the pillow on her lap.

I was about to turn to look into the mirror again when my phone started ringing.

I looked at the screen of my phone - it was Satvik.

I picked up the phone and said, "Yeah!".

We talked for a few seconds and then ended the call.

"Satvik will be here in 10 minutes...", I told Saloni and she nodded.

I looked back at myself in the mirror one last time to check if everything is perfect.

"If you are done checking out yourself..... Can we talk?", Saloni said suddenly and I looked at her.

"Talk? About what?", I asked confused.

"Sit!", was the only thing she said and I complied.

I sat on the other end of the bed, on the opposite side.

"So... Do you love Satvik?", she spoke and my face screwed up.

"No... Of course not!... It's too early to say that!", I said.

"Ok!.... So..... Do you still love Aakash?", she asked and I froze.

I clenched my fists and shut my eyes. "No... Not after what he did to me!", I said slowly.

Aakash, just the mention of his name was enough to boil my blood. Aakash, the guy I loved truly, the guy who cheated on me and broke my heart. The guy because of whom I stopped believing in love.

Saloni kept staring at me for a few minutes and then spoke, "Look I know, that getting cheated by the person we love and trust the most, is one of the most worst feeling in the world... And I also know that just six months is not enough to heal from a heartbreak.... But I know....that my best friend is very strong and she'll soon get over everything!"

I felt so touched by her words. I looked at her and smiled.

All the anger was gone by now.

"I just want you to not make things difficult for yourself. I mean you and Satvik.....dating and all.... It's cool but if you are not sure, just don't give him false hope!", she said, concern visible in her voice.

"I'm not giving him false him!... I mean I know I am going to meet his parents but it was him who asked me and I just couldn't refuse. Also I think he's not sure too! I mean I don't see him putting efforts! I think he's dating me just because people want him to and not because he wants to! ", I told her.

"Really?", she asked and I nodded.

"Well if that's the case then it's okay.... but just don't get too attached!", she said.

"I'll won't", I replied determined.

➵ ➵ ➵

A soft piece of music filled the living room of the Khanna mansion.

All the furniture had been moved somewhere to give rooms for tables and chairs.

I, Saloni and Satvik reached the Khanna mansion around 7:30 pm. The mansion was beautifully decorated.

Shiv was already there with others. I felt so nervous, I was about to meet his family for the first time.

"You enjoy the party!...I'll go check where my parents are!", Satvik said. I just smiled and nodded in response.

The smile stayed painted on my lips as I watched him leave.

Satvik was as always looking really handsome today.

He is such a gentleman. I stared at his back for a few seconds as he left and then I started looking around.

All the guests were busy chatting. Everyone was dressed in formal attire.

'Wow! Satvik's house is so beautiful!', I thought.

"Exited?!", Shiv whispered in my ear pulling me back to reality.

"Little bit!", I said turning towards him.

"Just a little!", he said and I shrugged in response.

He gave me a look of disappointment and I chuckled.

➵ ➵ ➵

Thank you ❤

Now vote;)

Don't be a silent reader,
Comment 💬