16. Do you remember me?

Creation is hard! Please motivate me

Vote;)

➵ ➵ ➵

Shiv's POV:

After college, I reached home at 4 p.m. As I was passing by my mother's room, I saw my mom and my sister getting ready.

From their clothes it seemed like they were getting ready to go to a marriage ceremony.

I stopped and narrowed my eyes at mom, she was sitting in front of her vanity and my elder sister, Kaajal, was curling her hair.

As I walked inside the room, my mother noticed me and said, "Oh You're back! Good! Now go upstairs and get ready quickly. I have kept your suit on the bed only. Hurry! We're getting late."

"Where are we going?" I asked confused.

"To Meena Aunty's son's marriage ceremony." Kaajal answered.

"What? But I don't wanna go!"

"Shiv! You have already missed so many functions. Now, you can't miss this one, otherwise Aunty will not be really happy." my mom said angrily.

I wanted to say no but couldn't. Mom was right, I should not miss this function otherwise it will seem very rude of me.

I thought for a few minutes and then said, "Ok, but can I please bring Satvik?"

"Can't you manage a single function without him? What is he, your manager?" My sister mocked, making me glare at her.

"He's my best friend!.... Mom, please!"

"Okay, okay!... Do whatever you want, just come with us!"

"Okay!" I said happily and went upstairs to get ready."

➵ ➵ ➵

Satvik's POV:

I was sitting with Shiv and his cousins on the round table while his mother was busy talking to other guests.

His sister was with her cousins, getting some pictures clicked.

The bride had not arrived yet, and everyone along with the groom were waiting for her.

Suddenly the music changed to 'Din Shagna Da' and the second everyone heard that song, they knew that the bride was here.

Everyone turned to look at the bride. Her family was accompanying her under a Phoolon ki chaadar (blanket of flowers) in a beautiful, slow walk that was dramatised more with a heart-touching track.

Some people including Shiv's mother were crying at this point. Finally, the bride reached the stage and the groom gave her his hand which she took and climbed the stairs.

Then they exchanged garlands, got pictures clicked and finally sat on a couch.

I watched this whole scene with a smile on my lips. Shiv had told me that it was a love marriage.

That is why I felt happy that at least someone is getting to marry the person they love without any drama or heartbreak unlike me.

Then all the guests made their way to stage to get pictures clicked with the couple.

Shiv too went to get pictures clicked along with his mother and sister, while I sat alone on the round table.

I watched as the family made their way to the stage. Then I started using my phone.

After getting pictures clicked Shiv came back with his cousin, Varun.

Varun is 14 years old boy and that is why we used to treat him like a kid.

It seemed like Varun was not in a good mood, so I asked him, "Hey champ! What's wrong?"

"Bro seriously, I hate relatives.... and especially those uncles who just walk up to you and go for, 'Hey kid! So, do you remember me?' And if you say Yes, he's going to follow it up with 'Great! So tell me who I am? Hehehe,' Devious. If you say No, you might offend him. And then he'll tell you the story of ages ago when you had met him. Like seriously, I was 5 years old. How would I remember you?!" Varun said annoyed.

As Varun said these words I looked at him amazed and then looked at Shiv.

I smiled as I remembered the monologue scene from 'Pyaar Ka Panchnaama' movie.

Kartik Aaryan.

When he finished I and Shiv started laughing.

"Bro!... Please don't laugh! It's not funny. Do you know how irritating it is to stand there and listen the whole story. Then at the end you still can't remember anything." Varun said in an annoyed tone.

"Of course I know bro! It has happened to me as well, in fact it happens to everyone. So just relax!......Come on, let's go have something." I said pulling him up from his chair.

➵ ➵ ➵

Thank you ❤

Now vote;)

Kaajal
Played by: Anushka Sharma

KaajalPlayed by: Anushka Sharma