one.

Maya's POV

We break away from our kiss and Carina walks past me heading back inside the hospital leaving me alone with Teddy. "Well, go after her," Teddy yells motioning her hands towards the hospital. I shake my head and run to find Carina looking at the desk, waiting room, and down the halls not able to find her. 

"Dr. Grey!" I yell running towards her. 

"Captain Bishop, is everything alright?" she asks be grabbing my arm. 

"Yes, no, I don't know. Have you seen Carina?" I ask looking over her shoulders looking for her. 

"Have you checked her office?" she asks me. 

"She has an office?" I ask before Dr. Grey takes my arm and speed walks down to her office. 

"It's on the right is her office," she points and I run to her door passing a nurse. I quickly open the door and the room is empty. I walk in hoping I'd see her in the room soon. 

As I walk around her desk to take a seat I spot her sitting on the floor behind her desk with her face in her hands. "Carina?" I quickly sit next to her putting my arms around her. She tries to fight me off before giving in and leaning against me. 

"You can't fix this," she looks up at me with tears running down her face. 

"I know," I pause and look deeply into her eyes, "But I'm going to spend the rest of my life making it up to you." I take a deep breath and listen to the sounds of her cries in my ear. 

"Dr. DeLuca-," someone walks in and stops when she hears the crying. I quickly stand up and walk over to her. 

"This isn't a good time," I say looking at the woman's lab coat to find her name, "Dr. Shepherd." she sticks her hand out. 

"Maya Bishop," I shake her hand. 

"Oh, you're the one who cheated on Carina," she says making Carina stand up and wipes her tears. 

"What do you need Amelia?" she asks while fixing her scrub top. 

"I have some scans for you," she hands a yellow folder over. 

"I got to go," Carina says walking out of the room with the other doctor leaving me in silence in her small office.

Carina's POV

I head down the hall looking down at my watch after delivering a baby that was in labor for an hour and a half. My watch showed 8:14 PM and I was ready to go home. The only thing running through my mind was Maya. 

I meant what I said earlier when I told her I love her, but she was really hurt me. How do I trust her when she works with that man every single day. I turn the corner and head towards my office before getting stopped by Meredith. 

"Oh, Dr. DeLuca, did Maya find you?" she asks putting her charts on the nurse's station. 

"Uh, yes, thank you," I didn't know what else to say, "I have to get going, but thank you," I said before walking over to my office door. I walk in and spot Maya sitting in my chair looking down at her phone. 

"Oh, I thought you left," I say closing the blinds. 

"Um, no, I stayed," she says awkwardly. 

"Well, you didn't have to, you can go home," I say realizing I sounded like a bitch. I quickly look over at her and her eyes tell me exactly how she is feeling. "I'm sorry, that was mean," I pause and walk over to behind my desk opening my drawer to where my phone is sitting next to a picture of Maya and me. 

I look up and put my phone in the pocket of my scrub top. "Do you need a ride home?" she asks me handing me my purse. 

"No, I'm fine," I respond making eye contact with her. 

"Can we talk?" She asks putting her hand on my arm. 

"Yeah," I sigh knowing I should talk to her. I put my stuff down and sit on my desk looking down at her in my desk chair.

Maya's POV

The whole conversation was a blur, I remember watching a few silent tears roll down her face as I tell her why I did what I did. She spills her heart out to me causing me to hold back my tears reminding me of everything I did to her. 

"I slept with Jack," runs through my head about the mistake I made. 

"I want to start over, I want to gain your trust again," she says grabbing her jacket off the hanger. 

"We will continue this conversation another day," she finishes and heads to the door. 

"Wait," I stand up and walk towards her. 

"I'll pick you up tomorrow?" I ask as she turns around. 

"I'll meet you at the station," she says and walks out the door. I look amazing at the door thinking about what just happened.

Carina's POV

I look around the hospital for Jo who knows what I should do about everything. I take out my phone and text her.

C-Where are you?

J-Third floor radiology

C-I'll see you in a minute.

I put my phone in my pocket and head upstairs looking for the room where Jo is. "Look at this scan with a guy who ate balloons," she turns around looking at me with tear stains along my face. "What's wrong?" she hurries over and sets me in the chair at the computer screen. 

"Maya came today and it messed with me," I say before Jo throws advice at me. "I told her I love her," I say after Jo stops talking. 

"Then why are you still here, go be with her," she says sitting down in the chair in front of me. 

"How do I trust her after what she did?" I ask before getting the perfect idea, "I have an idea," I take out my phone and make a call.