twelve.

Maya's POV

I head inside my apartment and into my kitchen to grab a beer before going to bed. "What the hell is wrong with you?" Andy slaps my shoulder, scaring me as I bring the bottle to my mouth. 

"What are you talking about?" I take a sip of my drink as Andy yells at me softly not wanting to wake Carina in the next room. 

"Carina said that you were upset and she went straight to her room, I could literally hear her soft cries from the bathroom," I look at Andy shocked that I hurt Carina that bad, but then again I have a good reason to also be upset. 

"Why are you so upset?" Andy takes the beer from my hand, pouring it down the sink. "She said something to Ben while I was checking on everyone and she doesn't know I heard the conversation," I look around the dark apartment as Andy talks to me. 

"I'm just going to go to bed," I look at the empty bottle sitting on the counter before walking away from Andy to my room. I slowly open the door, spotting the dark-haired woman facing away from the door.

I make my way over to my side of the bed, slipping my shoes off and putting them in the corner. I looked down at my phone, setting an alarm to run in the morning. I slip off my shorts, tossing them into the dirty laundry. 

I lean my head back with thoughts running through my mind. I gently lift the blankets as I lay down. I face away from the brunette as I think about what she said, 'I don't know.' how does she not know if she still has feelings for Arizona, what I am, filler? I ask myself as I pull the blanket to my head. 

I feel movement next to me and soon enough a hand rests on my hip. I don't move, I stay still hoping she wouldn't do anything else, "Good night," she says softly as she takes her hand away, rolling back over to her side of the bed. For the first time since she moved here, she wasn't falling asleep in my arms. 

I wake up to my alarm, which somehow didn't wake Carina. I slip on some shorts and a loose tank top. I walk into the bathroom with my AirPods in as I brush my teeth. I leave the bathroom and to the front door to start my run. 

Carina's POV

I wake up alone as my alarm goes off. I make my way to the kitchen where Andy is struggling to open a jar. "Have you seen Maya?" I wipe my eyes as I open the fridge hoping to find something to eat before heading to work. 

"She went for a run, she should be back soon," Andy finally opens the jar.

I make some toast and soon enough Danielle walks in with sweat dripping down her face, which was oddly very attractive. "Hey," I say as Maya leans over, taking a bite of my toast with grape jelly on it. 

"Hi," she says softly as she crunches down on the toast. I feel the blonde's hands land on my sides moving down to my hips. 

"Stop you're sweaty." I lean back but she manages to keep her hand on my waist. 

"We need to talk," I take another bite as she looks at me concerned. I hear Andy leave the kitchen, making her way back to her room. 

"About?" the blonde takes another bite.

"About yesterday," I look down into her gorgeous blue eyes. 

"There's nothing to talk about," Maya leans back and opens the fridge, grabbing a water bottle from the door.

"No, there's a lot to talk about," I say loudly so she would hear me. 

"Carina, I'm sorry for yelling at you," she turns around as she takes off the cap. 

"But why?" I follow her to the bathroom. 

"Carina, I'm not upset anymore, it doesn't matter," I watch her take off her shirt. 

"Are you just going to stand there and watch or are you going to get undressed?" Maya asks with a grin on her face making me even madder. 

"Enjoy your shower," I turn around and leave shutting the door behind me, I quickly hurry and get ready to go to the hospital. 

I finally make it into my office, avoiding the doctors rushing down the hall with a crash cart. I open the heavy door, locking it behind me as I head to my closet to change. I quickly put on my pink scrubs, unlocking the door. I put on my white full head face shield before heading out into the hall. I meet Jo and Arizona at the nurse's station. "Nancy, can I get my iPad?" I ask the nurse and she hands it to me. 

"Hey, Jo," I watch Arizona look up from her iPad to talk to her. 

"Dr. Robbins, it's great to see you," I watch the two interact before I hear the two words that I knew it was going to make my day long.

"Where's Alex?" my head shoots over towards her as she asks. 

"He left me," Jo sighs loudly, the two of us watch Arizona's face change as she realizes what she means. 

"Robbins and Wilson how about we head to my office and try and figure out a plan for this baby?" I walk up and try and save Arizona from the embarrassment. 

The three of us make our way to my office, I find myself a seat and we all come up with a plan. "Wilson, go get a couple of interns, preferably Helm and Schmitt and get our patient prepped," Jo looks over at me, nodding before she walks out leaving Arizona and me alone in my office. 

"So are you feeling confident about this?" I ask while putting my white coat on.

"Yup, surprisingly I've seen a kid with a bigger one than this, so this should go smoothly," I look over at the blonde with her face shield over her face. Her intoxicating smile, smiling at me. 

"I'm going to head to the prep room, I'll, um, see you in surgery," I quickly grab my phone and walk out. I make my way to a supply closet down the hall, making sure no one watches me walk in. 

I quickly lock the door behind me, I slide down the door pulling out my phone. I look at a text from Maya who went to Vic and Travis's house to watch a movie. I look at my phone background of me laying in Maya's arms. 

I think about all the memories I have with her before they get invaded with memories of Arizona. I get knocked out of my thoughts as I get a page that the patient is ready. 

I quickly make my way to the scrub room, meeting Arizona and Jo scrubbing in. "Are you ready?" I ask as the three of us put our hand above the sterile area. 

"Yeah,"

Socials:

Instagram/Twitter: MoreStefanielle

TikTok: MoreStefanielle