eleven.

Maya's POV

"You're beautiful," I whisper to the brown-eyed doctor laying beside me. "I love you," she says softly, kissing my hand that is resting on her cheek. I listen to carina's phone go off, probably a page. "You should get that," I look into her brown eyes as she reaches her hand behind her, grabbing her phone. 

"Great," she mumbles under her breath as she looks at the text. "She's going to perform the surgery." I look over at her confused by her emotions. 

"Come to work with me," I pull the blankets up as she sets her phone back down, "Just come to work with me and I'll find a way to cheer you up," I run my hands down from her stomach down between her legs. 

"You really want the station to hear your name?" Carina asks seductively in my ear. "Only if you want them too," I play with the elastic band at the top of her shorts as my alarm goes off. 

"You know where to find me," I say softly before lifting the blankets and making my way to the kitchen. 

Carina's POV

I stare at the red engine in front of me as Maya orders everyone to work. I head to the PRT with Ben, lost in my thoughts. "Can you hand me the tubes?" Ben asks, "You okay Carina?" he sits down next to me on the steps of the black vehicle. 

"Yeah," I pause as I look out into the barn, "No, Arizona is coming back," I look up at the top of the car, holding back my tears, "her coming back is going to bring back old memories and feelings," I trail off as I rest my head on his shoulder, 

"Have you talked to Maya?" he asks, putting his hand on my shoulder. 

"I can't talk to Maya about Arizona, it will make her think I still have feelings for her," I start to think about the first time I met her at the bar and taking her home. 

"Well do you?" he asks. 

"I don't know, she left me in a city I barely knew and moved across the country not caring about my feelings," I raise my head from his shoulder. I take my phone out from my black jumpsuit as I feel it buzz against my leg. "Arizona..."

Arizona Robbins

A- Covid test came back negative, I should be at the hospital in a couple of hours.

C-Great, I cant wait to see you!

"Why did I say that," I mumble under my breath as Ben stands up. 

"Come on," he takes my hand, helping me up from the stairs as we walk upstairs to the kitchen. 

"Wow," I say softly looking at everyone surrounding the food on the counter. 

"This looks amazing," I hear Vic whisper. I look around at everyone in the room, minus Maya. 

"Have you seen Maya?" I ask Andy who is fixing herself a plate. 

"She's probably in her office," I look around one last time before sitting down at the table with the rest of the team. 

"Hey," I knock on the door, opening it to the fire captain sitting at her desk. 

"Hey," she sighs, not looking up at me. 

"You okay?" I ask as I look at the woman sitting her head in her hands. 

"Yes, I'm fine." she looks up at me. 

"Well-" I get cut off by the announcement calling us into the field. I run to the PRT car zipping up my jumpsuit as Ben turns on the car pulling out of the barn.