fourteen.

Maya's POV

"She what?" Andy's now mostly sober self yells. 

"Yeah," I rest my head on her pillow, picturing Carina bending Arizona over her desk in my head over again and again. 

"So much for talking to her," I look over at Andy surprised she said that, "Sorry." I let out a small laugh as Andy broke the tension. 

"Where is she sleeping?" the older woman lays next to me as we both stare up at the ceiling. 

"On our bed, I guess," I feel my cheeks heat up. 

"Maya, you can cry," those words hit faster than I could think, and before I knew it the tears were streaming down my face. I bring myself to her resting my head in her lap.

After hours of talking with Andy, I make my way out of her bedroom, and towards the kitchen to grab a drink. I look around the dark apartment not knowing what time it was. "You're awake," a brown-headed woman pops up from the couch. She walks over to me still in her scrubs that I saw on the floor of her office. 

"Yes, I'm awake," I grab a cold beer from the fridge, opening it with my teeth. 

"Can we talk?" The woman walks closer, resting her hand on my arm. 

"No," I take my arm from her grasp, stepping back, "Because I will yell and I will say things that will hurt you and then I will feel bad and I should have no reason to feel bad," I look up into her eyes as tears fill mine. 

"So please, let me go to sleep." I walk over to the fridge grabbing another beer for later. I set them on the countertop as I head towards the bathroom to wipe my face. 

I make my way back into the living room where Stefania is laying on the couch. "Get up," I throw the blanket off of her as she looks up at me. 

"Why?" she asks with tear stains along her cheeks. 

"Go to bed," I watch as she stands up still confused about what is going on. 

"What are you doing?" She stands inches away from me, looking down at me. 

"Go sleep in our bed," I look up at her. 

"Why?" she asks, starting to annoy me. 

"Because I still love you and I want you to sleep comfortably," I look down at my hands as she stands in front of me. 

"Please go," I continue to look down as the woman stands there. 

"Come to bed with me," she says softly, I look up considering it. 

"I'll stay here," I look back down at my hands before laying down on the couch. 

Soon enough Carina leaves the room, leaving the bedroom door open. I lay on my back thinking about everything that has happened today that's being numbed by the beer sitting on the floor beside me. 

I look down at the clothes covering the ground with a naked woman lying under Carina. I watch as both their heads shoot up to the door opening. The blonde stands up, hiding behind Stefania trying to cover herself as I stand there with the door wide open. I remember looking at my girlfriend as she stares back at me looking for her shirt that was across the room. 

My body shoots up, trying to knock those thoughts back out of my head as I look around the dark living room. I rest my head back onto my pillow attempting to fall back asleep to dream about something other than reality. 

Carina's POV

I wake up to my alarm, I have a busy day along with the thought of having to see Arizona may just make it worse. I quickly turn off my alarm, making my way to the doorway of my room to check and see if Maya is still asleep. 

I peak into the living room, spotting the blonde on the couch as she scrolls on her phone. I admire her side profile before heading back to our bedroom to change. I quickly put on a pair of fresh, lavender-scented scrubs before collecting my belongings from around the room, throwing my white coat over my arm as I make my way to the kitchen.

I open the fridge door, grabbing some yogurt from the side before looking around the kitchen for the bananas. I feel Maya's eyes on me as I look up the blonde quickly stands up making her way to our bedroom. 

I chop the banana in half, putting the other half clopped up in my yogurt and the other for Danielle. I hear Andy's bedroom door open as her feet hit the ground on her way towards the kitchen to grab her breakfast before leaving to go to the station. 

"Good morning," I smile up at her as I take a bite of banana yogurt. 

"Good morning," she smiles back at me, I watch as she leans against the countertop as Maya walks in with her collared shirt unbuttoned showing a small amount of cleavage, making my head spin as I try to keep my eyes up.

The two of us share an awkward glare before she begins to weave her belt through the loops in her pants. "Andy, are you riding with me?" she looks up at Andy while she eats her granola bar, nodding.

I face back to the short woman standing across the kitchen from me while she leaves her belt undone while she buttons her shirt, tucking it into her pants. The two of us make eye contact again yet no one speaks up. 

"Is this how it's going to be?" the brunette asks from behind me as she hops off the counter. I look back as Andy stands there in silence, "I'm going to finish getting ready, I'll give you a ride Maya."

I watch as the short woman walks back towards her room leaving the two of us in silence. I listen to the tapping of the metal hitting one another while she continues to get ready for work. 

"Maya," I say softly admiring her features as I walk up from behind her wrapping my arms around her torso, pulling the strap through her belt buckle. I feel her body tenses up under my embrace. 

"Stop," she says softly before getting out of my grip. Her hair falls in front of her face before tucking it behind her ear. 

"We need to talk," I gently push my hand through my hair, putting it off to the side.

"I don't want to talk, Carina," my heart sank as she said my name. 

"What do you want me to do?" I begin to raise my voice as I look into the blonde's ocean eyes.

"I don't know!" she yells back, becoming openly frustrated with me. 

"Do you want me to move out? Do you want me to go stay somewhere else? What do you want me to do?" I throw my hands in the hair knowing this is all my fault. 

"I don't want you to go anywhere," she slams her hands onto the kitchen counter as Andy walks in with her keys around her wrist. Maya looks up at me with an obvious upset look. I watch as her nose twitches as she tries to hold in her emotions, failing at it. 

"Carina, we will see you later, have a nice day at work," Andy walks over to the blonde that's eyes don't leave mine. "Come on," she spoke softly while wrapping her arm around hers.

The two of them leave, leaving me in an empty apartment. I quickly grab all my things before making my way down to my car. I look around the parking garage at all the different vehicles hoping and praying that today would get better. 

I look down at my phone with my background of the two of us. Maya's head resting on my chest as she sleeps, her hair all over my face. I smile down that the blonde on my screen before letting out a loud sigh as I throw my arms onto my steering wheel.

"Good job, Carina."